Chapter XI

"So we are going against Team Y now... how are they?" Chigiri wondered as he sent (Y/n) a curious glance. The girl looked calmly at him and shrugged her shoulders.
"Solid."
"Can't you tell me a little more?" The boy wondered as he received a simple and short no. Chigiri sighed as Kuon called him over to go through their strategy.

"You will do great." The redhead stopped and looked at (Y/n) who sent him her usual smile.
"Just take it slow. You can do it."
"S-sure." Chigiri said, trying to surpass a blush as he joined his team.
"Why is your face red? Your girlfriend gave you a good luck kiss?" Raichi snickered.
"She isn't my/his girlfriend!" Chigiri, Yoichi and Bachira exclaimed.

The game started soon after Team Y arrived and (Y/n) watched nervously as Team Z had their shots blocked. She was somewhat used to how the opposing team played, every game is a new strategy, but every strategy had the same dominating figure in it.
'Ikki Niko, one of Team Y's top scorer as of now.' (Y/n) thought as she looked at the black-haired boy, who received the ball from one of his teammates. (Y/n) watched as Okawa ran past Team Z's defense and Niko passed the ball to him.

"I'll leave it to you, Okawa-kun." Nervously, the girl watched as the mohawk boy ran past the Team Z players and scored a goal.
'He knows how to time his shots with the goalkeeper. Yoichi and the rest really need to watch Okawa and Ikki... they are both more dangerous than they look like.' (Y/n) gave a silent prayer as she looked over at Yoichi. Kuon had shortly after received the ball and shot him to Kunigami. The boy started kicking the ball in front of himself, trying to find a weak spot where he could shoot the ball from.

'It's impossible. Their defense is fully prepared and protecting the goal. They are probably waiting for Ikki or Okawa to do something like.' (Y/n) watched as the black haired boy sneaked up on Kunigami and stole the football.
"Your feet froze... you are too slow." Niko said as he passed the ball to another teammate. The first half of the game was over, Team Y is leading with 1-0.
"Damn it... Yoichi, Chigiri, Bachira please wake up." (Y/n) muttered as she watched the team leave for their restroom.

'If only I was allowed to help... but this is Yoichi's challenge. Knowing him he wouldn't let me help anyways. They need to somehow stop the heart of Team Y... Ikki-san himself.' (Y/n) thought as she sent the boy a short glance before disappearing with his own team.
(Y/n) then turned to look at one of the cameras, where she knew Ego was able to see everything from.
'Ego-san will see even if I try to help and... as much as I want Yoichi to win, I gave a promise.'

'Go, Team Z! You can do it!' (Y/n) thought as Naruhaya left her with the towel he had used, and joined his team. The 2nd half started and Team Z seemed to be a little bit more organized than they were previously, but Team Y wasn't that easy to intimidate. Imamura was in the possession of the ball and just as he was about to kick it into the goal, a Team Y member had stolen it. (Y/n) watched in a mix of shock and relief as Gagamaru stole the football from the boy.

"It's my turn!" The boy yelled.
"Change to Gagamaru's formation!" Kuon yelled as Gagamaru kicked the ball to Yoichi. (Y/n) watched as he ran with it towards the goal, then in the last minute kicked it to Gagamaru, who tried a head trick to get the ball into the net. (Y/n) flinched as the boy fell to the ground and by a little, missed the goal.
'So close!' (Y/n) thought as she took out her whistle to blow it.
"What?" Okawa asked her as the timer stopped and (Y/n) pointed at Gagamaru.

"Injured player! Time out! Gagamaru-san, I need to clean up your face!"
The boy nodded his head and walked off of the field, both teams only now noticing that his nose was bleeding.
'How did she even see it from that distance?' Yoichi and Niko wondered.

"Does it hurt?" (Y/n) asked as she finally got rid of all the blood around his nose.
"No, I had worse. But thank you for asking." Gagamaru said as the girl inspected his nose a little more, to make sure he doesn't go out in the field with more blood flowing out of it. The white/black-haired boy felt a little overwhelmed by the closeness between the two, it was already a lot that anyone even noticed the injury.