Chapter XVII

'Calm down (Y/n)... it's just him...' (Y/n) took a deep breath as she tried to hide her shock from his teal eyes. The same ones (Y/n) fell in love with in her childhood...the same ones that hurt and left in her heart a big scar.
'Why now? Why is he back now?'
"What do you want Itoshi?" The girl asked as the redhead just stared back at her, showing no signs of surprise, shock, care, anger or anything, just an emotionless look.
'What a charmer...What was I even thinking back then?" (Y/n) waited for a minute, hoping he might say something, anything would be better than the current silence.

When she saw that he wouldn't say anything to her, (Y/n) rolled her eyes and picked the dropped stuff up.
"This is a waste of both your and my time." She said, walking past Sae.
"You are wasting your time."
The girl stopped, surprised by how much his voice changed, and slowly turned to look back at him.
"What? Talking to you?"
"With Blue Lock. Japan will never produce a world-class striker, especially not one who will bring the World Cup."
"And how would you know? Ever since you got the news of being accepted into that Royal Youth club, you have been acting like a jerk to me and have been acting like you are too good for Japan." (Y/n) started, irritated at the boy's words.

"I am just saying as it is. That Blue Lock project is a complete waste of your time, there is nobody in Japan who has enough talent to surpass-"
"Yes, there are!" Sae stopped talking and looked coldly at her.
"Blue Lock has so much talent, more than you can ever imagine! And they will prove you and everyone wrong! Those players are rebuilding football all the way up again!" (Y/n) smirked and moved closer to the redhead.
"You will regret your words, and I will enjoy every second when that happens."

"You hate me that much?" Sae raised his eyebrow, which caused more anger to bubble up inside of (Y/n).
"Yes, even more than I can ever express it. You left me a wreck that day and I never felt as low as I did back then. I hate you so much."
'I don't even know what my feelings are for you anymore.' (Y/n) thought to herself, then froze up when she felt Sae grab a piece of her hair. The boy calmly observed the various shades, not noticing or ignoring (Y/n)'s dumbfounded look.
"Your hair still hasn't changed? Aren't you worried that nobody will want you?"

"What?" (Y/n) wondered, but deep down knew what he was about to say. It's the same thing the older women in her old hometown used to say... even some neighbors in Saitama whispered it sometimes when she walked by them.
"It's just, nobody with two, healthy eyes would look at you and think you are suitable. Nobody would want to pass this to their children-"
The hallway echoed as (Y/n)'s slapped the boy across his face, causing him to stumble away and let go of her hair. (Y/n) took a few heavy breaths as she glared at the boy, who now had a shocked look on his face.

"You are an absolute asshole. I feel bad for your parents and brother."
With that, (Y/n) turned around and walked away, trying to stop the tears from escaping her eyes.
'Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. He is the same Itoshi Sae from years ago... Why couldn't I have liked someone who liked me too?' (Y/n) stopped in her tracks as she was away from the football player.
'But as everyone stated previously... who would want me?' The girl leaned against the wall, gripping the ends of her hair.

(Y/n) had waited for about another 30 minutes for Anri to finish with the meeting, thankfully she didn't see Sae anymore and she calmed down a little. Once in the car again, (Y/n) held the package close to her chest as she thought over her interaction with Sae.

'I will show him... Blue Lock will show him, that little arrogant ass will learn not to underestimate them. Blue Lock has Isagi, Bachira, Chigiri, Nagi, Reo and Baro, arguably phenomenal players. With just a little more training they will become great. I will make sure of it.'
"(Y/n), are you alright? Did something happen?" Anri raised her eyebrow as she sent the girl a few glances. (Y/n) nodded her head and sent the woman a wide smile.
"I am just excited for tomorrow! The game between Team Z and V will be quite a show."

"Really? So you think Team Z has a chance against the top players of Team V?"
"Of course! They can do it, I know that." (Y/n) said enthusiastically.

Back at the Blue Lock building, Chigiri returned from his individual training, where he went through some basic warm-ups and tricks (Y/n) had shown him. The boy smiled a little as he thought of the past few days, still not believing that he finally got his will to play football back. Chigiri could have never dreamed that (Y/n)'s encouragement and Isagi's provoking would do the trick.

'(Y/n)... I hope she will be there for the next selection round... I want to advance further with her.' Chigiri blushed at the thought.

The previous night...
"So you finally want to advance? It's good seeing you worked up over it and ready to fight for your dream. Your prevuous mopping around was kind of depressing."
(Y/n) joked as Chigiri blushed from embarrassment.
"Yeah, it feels good to be back again. I can't thank you enough." The boy grinned a little.

'He looks so cute when he smiles!' (Y/n) thought and shook her head.
"I just did what I was told to do! It's really not worth mentioning."
"It is though. Nobody tried to approach practicing football the with me the way you do. And it means a lot. I hope you will be there during the next rounds, I want to continue training with you." Chigiri stopped himself as he realized what he had said. His face mirrored the same red (Y/n)'s had as they looked at each other.

'Idiot! Now you messed it up!'
(Y/n) smiled shyly and looked down at her hands.
"I would like that too." She spoke up, surprising the redhead.
"Y-you do?"
"Yes! So work hard on the last match."
Chigiri nodded his head, already excited for the final game.

Present time...
'(Y/n)... she is so sweet and kind... why couldn't she have been my childhood friend instead of Isagi's?' Chigiri thought bitterly.
'I would definitely look out for her better, make her feel more important than he ever could, love her more- Wait! Where did that come from? (Y/n)'s my friend.' The redhead thought as he shook his head.

'But yet... it doesn't feel like that around her... Do I like her or something?' The boy thought as he heard the familiar girl yelling for him.
"Chigiri!!"
Turning around, he saw (Y/n) running down the hallway, holding a box in her hand.
"(Y/n)? W-what brings you here?!" Chigiri asked nervously as (Y/n) stopped in front of him, taking a few deep breaths.
"I was looking for you, actually. I wanted to give this to you!" The girl exclaimed, showing him the box.
"M-me?" Chigiri asked as her took the box.

"It's... it's a knee brace!"
"A knee brace?" The redhead asked in surprise as the girl nodded her head, pointing at her ankle.
"It's from the same company where I get my compressions from. They are very easy to use and light, perfect for running." (Y/n) explained excitedly as Chigiri watched her with wide eyes.
'She got this for me? Nobody... nobody cared this much."
"Why did you get me this?" Chigiri's question interrupted the girl and she stared at him for a moment.

"It's extra protection for your knee, which you will need on the field a lot. Besides, you are my friend now, it's on me to look out for you." The girl grinned and tilted her head a little.
'So cute! She is so cute! (Y/n) is an angel for doing all of this for me.' Chigiri thought as he thanked the girl.

'I will win this and every other match for you. You won't be disappointed, (Y/n). I promise.' The redhead thought to himself, his new goal already set in stone.

The same night Sae was back in his hotel room. The day was pretty eventful with the meetings and preparing for his return to Spain, he didn't plan on cornering (Y/n) like that. But he didn't regret it, at all. Seeing her again made a flood of emotions hit him. Emotions he didn't even know he felt anymore.
"Her hand felt really soft... even from the pain she had caused." Sae muttered as he touched the cheek (Y/n) had slapped.

'I shouldn't have said that again, knowing how people treated her back in Kamakura, but that was the only way to get her away from me.' Sae groaned and rolled onto his side, glaring out the window.
'(Y/n), saying all those things really hurt me too. Anyone with two, functioning eyes would fall for her, I know Rin and I have. I just thought that it would be better for me to keep my distance, but...'

Sae sighed, unable to tell how long he could keep himself in check.
'This is already taking a toll on me, I need her with me, in Spain. She belongs there, where she will be treated like a queen. I will crush Blue Lock, prove to (Y/n) that I am better and get her to move to Spain.' Sae chuckled and smirked, already imagining her defeated look.
"I know how much of a hopeless romantic she is, no matter what happened, she didn't lose her feelings for me. I will make her see that."

🩷Hope u all liked this chapter and thank u for the support! Thank u for reading and voting, the support means a lot! Stay safe and have a great day/night🩷