Chapter XXXIV

Isagi: Football makes me excited!
Me: Yay! ^_^
Shidou: Football makes me excited~
Me: Ya- *has flashbacks of the U-20 match* Hold up! No, Shidou. No

The rest of the day went as normal as possible. (Y/n) was given a few tasks and errands to run, so she didn't think much of what the rest was doing.
'So, I have to bring these boxes to the gym area. I think weights are in there.' (Y/n) hummed as she saw the three mid-sized boxes. Stopping for a moment, she thought it over for a moment and started stacking the boxes on top of another. Down the hallway, Loki walked by and noticed the girl standing next to those boxes when an idea came to his mind.
'I know! I can help her with the boxes. I can apologize that way. She must have run off like that because I was being weird.' The French boy thought as he cleared his throat and walked up to her.

"Hey, (Y/n), I can help you with those-" Loki stopped mid-speech when he saw (Y/n) lift the boxes without breaking much of a sweat.
'What the hell?!'
"Hm? Oh, Loki-san, did you need something?"
The boy froze up for a moment as (Y/n) looked over at him in surprise, expecting him to be practicing or something. Loki shook his head and sent her a nervous smile.
"No, I was just walking around and came across you. But, do you need any help?"

"Not at all! I can handle it. By the way, did you have dinner yet? Do you need any fresh towels? I didn't have time to bring any today, sorry." The girl started rambling but stopped once Loki shook his head.
"It's completely fine, I didn't eat anything yet. We can go eat together, if you have time."
(Y/n) stopped to think for a moment as Loki looked at her nervously.
"Sure. I just need to drop these boxes off at the gym." She eventually answered as the other boy sighed in relief.
"Great. Can I come with you then? We can go eat after you drop them off."
"Sure!" It's not too far from here, anyway." (Y/n) nodded and started walking away, and Loki followed her close behind.

"By the way, what's in those boxes? They look pretty heavy?" Loki commented as he eyed the items.
'Maybe water bottles or something? She doesn't seem to have a hard time carrying those.'
"Just some weights Ego-san requested for the players to have." She answered, which caused the other boy to choke on his spit.
"Are you ok?!" (Y/n) stopped walking and looked at the boy in worry, to which he only ended up shaking his head.
"Fine! I am fine! Just taken aback that you can carry so many weights." Loki answered truthfully.
"Oh! I see! Well, I was born with that ability, you could say." She laughed nervously and resumed walking again.

'You idiot! Couldn't you say something better?' (Y/n) scolded herself while walking with Loki in silence.
'Curiosity will definitely be the death of me.' The French player thought as he glanced at the girl for a moment.
'I should really watch myself. I can't go against Sae like this.'

Later, during dinner...
"So, you used to do karate before joining Blue lock?" Loki asked as he ate his food.
"Yep! I really loved it since I had somewhere to focus my energy on." (Y/n) nodded her head as she spoke, thinking of the time she had back back then.
"Then, why did you leave it? If you are fine with me asking." Loki quickly added in, hoping he wasn't too intrusive.
"It's fine." She said as she finished up her food.
"I had an injury which caused me to stop. Stuff happens, I guess." She shrugged her shoulders as Loki slowly nodded his head.
"That sucks, I can't imagine stopping with football now." The boy said as (Y/n) nodded along.
"It does, but that's life." She shrugged again.

"But enough of that. Do you like your stay here so far?"
"Mhm! It's really nice here. I was really taken aback with all the technology and how advanced those robots were in the training room. The food is also good here. I really liked it so far." (Y/n) nodded to Loki's words, happy to hear that everything was alright so far.
'I wonder if the other pros liked it here so far.' She thought to herself as Loki continued talking.
"But, what made you join Blue lock, anyway? You never said that you used to play football in the past."
"Hm? It sounded like a good challenge, and my best friend is here as well, so I want to support him, too."
"Your best friend?" Loki raised an eyebrow, but before (Y/n) could answer his question, her watch beeped.