Chapter VII

Ego was quietly sitting in his office as he was looking at the clock on his table. It was just before 7 in the morning, and he had ordered (Y/n) to be in his office at 7 with all the plans for the upcoming week written down. So far he didn't have much of an opinion on her, aside from seeing some potential in her when it comes to his egoist theory, that was it. Just wasted potential. Ego was skeptical from the beginning about how well she will take all this pressure but agreed to hire her since she was Anri's pick.

He wasn't as much bothered about the staff as he was with the players, but now with some extra time he will test her as well.
'1 more minute-' Ego's train of thought was interrupted as the door opened and (Y/n) walked inside while breathing heavily.
'Probably ran here.' The man thought blankly as (Y/n) walked over to him and put her papers down.
"Good morning, Ego-san. Here is all the documentation you wanted from me. The upcoming matches, current ranking and all the information I got about the players so far. Alphabetically sorted." (Y/n) said quickly, a hint of happiness lacing her voice as she finished her speech.

She watched nervously as Ego looked through the papers, not sure about the last part since some of the things she wrote were merely an hour ago. Due to Bachira and Yoichi staying later than expected in the training area, she had to write everything that was left at 5 am.
'This is such a bother... I barely slept 5 hours.'
"Interesting..." (Y/n) turned her attention back to Ego as he put the paper down and looked indifferently at her.
"Maybe Anri-chan was right and you are able to handle this." Ego said to nobody in particular and nodded his head.

"All in all, thanks for the reports, but work on your handwriting a little." He added the last part, and (Y/n) held back an embarrassed blush.
"Thank you, Ego-san. What's the plan for today?" She asked as the man shrugged his shoulders, leaning against his chest.
"The unpolished gems will have their last day of stamina training, you will bring them all the necessary equipment. Later you will accompany Anri to a press conference the JFU has. You will also be handed the uniforms of all the teams for the upcoming practices." Ego went on as (Y/n) wrote everything down, unsure if she will remember anything otherwise.

"Wait... why am I accompanying  Teieri-san? I am just here to run errands for the players... and occasionally you, Ego-san." The girl wondered.
"Anri requested for you, probably to see how press conferences go for the future."
"For the future-"
"Now go." Ego sang and clapped his hands, not giving (Y/n) any chance to argue.

"Alright! Have a good day, Ego-san."
The girl bowed and ran out of the room to tend to one of the teams. Ego sat quietly in his room and took the paper again, reading some of the analysis she made about a player.
'Not bad at all...maybe she isn't a wasted potential after all. Maybe she doesn't want to be a player, but anything can be made with a rough diamond.'

"Good news! You guys will be done with the stamina training soon!" (Y/n) announced to Team Z, who looked at her in confusion.
"Really?! Finally!" Naruhaya exclaimed.
"Are we finally having a day off?" Igaguri wondered but was disappointed as (Y/n) shook her head.
"No. Starting tomorrow your practices with other teams start. That's as much as I can say. Ego-san will make a speech later about it." (Y/n) explained, stopping Raichi before he could interrogate her.
"Come on! Can't you tell us at least tell us one thing? At least to your buddy!" Raichi protested, pointing at Yoichi as Kuon and Iemon tried to calm him down.

"Nope! Not even Yoichi, after all I promised it to Ego-san." (Y/n) said back,as she leaned again Yoichi. The boy earned a teasing look from Bachira, but there was something about his look that was less amusing than usual.
'Maybe he is just tired.' Yoichi thought as he tried to calm his blush down.
"You are just as much of goody two shoes as Rensuke over there. It's so annoying." Raichi rolled his eyes, earning a slap on the back from Kuon.