Chapter XX

After the match ended, Ego announced who will continue moving forward. The 1st place was taken by Team V, 2nd place was Team Z, meanwhile from the other teams only 1 player from each team came out on top. For Team W it was Wanima Junichi, for Team Y it was Ikki Niko and Team X had Baro Shouei. Satisfied with the results of the teams, (Y/n) walked back to Ego's office with the papers and documentations of the progress the players made.

"Ego-san, I got you these-"
"Is your head ok! Is it bruising?" Anri asked, trying to take a look, but because of the height difference, it was completely impossible for Anri.
"Go and sit down, I want to take a look." The woman pointed at the chair as Ego kept quiet.
"I am fine. There is really nothing wrong."
"Sit down." Anri rolled her eyes as (Y/n) sighed as sat down for her to inspect her head.

"I brought the papers you asked for, Ego-san. I still believe you should offer Gagamaru to be a goalkeeper. He is very flexible and has quick reflexes." Ego kept quiet as he looked between Anri and her, which left the girl a little unnerved.
"Alright! No bruises or anything." Anri announced, letting go of the girl's head.
"Told you. Anyways, when are we starting the other part of the project?" (Y/n) asked as Ego seemed to visibly relax a little.

"In a day or two. I will let the players rest for a bit, Anri will give you your phone back. Feel free to use it for the short break that you have." Ego instructed the girl as Anri walked out of the room to retrieve the device.

'Oh! I can call mom and dad then, they are probably back in Japan by now.' (Y/n) thought excitedly as Ego started looking through the papers.
"So you kept good track of everyone during the final matches, right?"
"Yes! I also made a graph on the players from before and after entering Blue Lock."
The older nodded his head as he looked at the papers, sending a few glances at her head from time to time.

'Hmmm... maybe they are asleep? It is a long flight from Paris.' (Y/n) thought as she kept walking down the hallway. She left Ego's office a few minutes ago and thought it would be a good idea to call her parents before she ate.
"Hello! (Y/n), I was wondering when you would be able to call us!" The girl grinned as she heard her mom's voice. It had been so long since she heard her.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just got my phone again. We just finished with the final matches and have the next few days off. I will be able to call you more then." (Y/n) explained, surpassing a yawn.
"That's great to hear, honey! How is working there? You are not having any issues, right?"
"Everything is great! The job is a little hard, but nothing I can't handle."
"What about Yoichi? How is he doing? Iyo told me that he left for Blue Lock too." The woman asked, excited to hear how they both were doing.

"Yoichi passed the entrance exam and his team won the final match, that was held today, we are both doing good. How are you and dad?"
"We are fine, a lot of meetings these past few days, but everything is going great. Your dad went out to talk with our financial advisor."
"Why with him? Especially this late." (Y/n) raised her eyebrow. They usually never went out this late for anything, unless it's a meeting or a company emergency. Her mom was quiet for a moment and then spoke up.

"Don't tell your dad I said anything, but we plan to make a few donations to Blue Lock."
"What? Why?" (Y/n) asked, surprised since neither her mom or dad donated to these sorts of projects.
"We just think it's the right thing to do. We promised to give you the full freedom to do what you want, and that we will support you until you are old enough to take over the company. Now, neither your dad nor I know anything about football, we can't even attend the games. This is really the least we can do." Her mom said softly, leaving (Y/n) stunned for a moment. She never really expected them to help out this much.

"That's really a lot mom-"
"Hey, (Y/n)!" The girl jumped as she heard a familiar voice yell her name.
"Was that a boy?!" Her mom asked and (Y/n) groaned, knowing what her mom will assume.
"And on first name basis?! You need to tell me everything!" The woman said excitedly.
"Mom, please. It's not what you think it is-"
"Don't worry, I won't tell your dad!"
"Mom!" (Y/n) was by now as red as a tomato as Niko stopped in front of her, wondering why she was blushing.