Chapter XXV

Me: had exam preparations and finals in the past 2 months
Wattpad in my inbox: So we think u might be sewerclidal--
Anyways, I am back! Hope u all are having a great summer🩷

'Hmmm.' (Y/n) looked up from her notes and at the display, showing the new 3-man team to enter.
'Aryu Jubei... Tokimitsu Aoshi... Itoshi Rin... Rin made it!' (Y/n) thought, relieved to see the younger Itoshi had made it to the 3rd stage of this round. But her excitement was soon drowned out by the worry she felt for Yoichi and his teammates.
'I hope Yoichi, if he is done, will be able to form a team with his Team Z friends. I wonder how Gagamaru and Raichi are doing... I didn't even see them yet.' (Y/n) but her lip as she thought back about the blue-eyed boy.
'Win this, Yoichi...please.' She prayed.

Rin was restless, not only was the adrenaline rushing through his veins because of the upcoming game, but he also couldn't wait to be done and look for (Y/n). The fact that he heard her voice from Ego's office was enough of a tell that she will be here. He needed to see her, he needed to hear what she thought of his skills. Back in Kamakura, she would always praise Sae, even that nobody Yoichi got more praise from her.

'I wonder if she was awestruck? After all, I am no longer the Rin she used to call cute and hug all the time. I am even taller than Sae now.' The teal-eyed boy thought, a little sad that he wasn't getting those hugs anymore, since he kept on saying how he hated them. It eventually got to the girl's head and at the age of 9, she completely stopped, only giving him occasional head pats. If he could, he would hit his younger self for it.
'Maybe she will start hugging me now?'

"Shouldn't we start making a plan about this game?" A green-eyed boy, Tokimitsu asked as he looked at Rin, a little intimidated by the glare.
"Hmm... maybe... or maybe we can wait out till the rival team arrives." A long-haired boy mused as he looked around the place in boredom.
"That doesn't sound like a good plan, Aryu-"
The room's door opened and revealed another team entered, causing the attention to turn on them.

'Bachira Meguru...Nagi Seishiro and Isagi Yoichi?! So that's the bastard?!' Rin looked away from the display and glared at the trio, more specifically at Yoichi. The boy glared back at him, but for a completely different reason.
'That nobody is the reason (Y/n) hasn't visited me?! And he is a great player in her eyes?! What am I missing?' Rin thought with clenched fists as Ego's voice boomed through the room.

"Now then... let's start with this stage of the 2nd selection round! In the third stage, the three-man teams you have formed, will have a mini-game battle. Blue Lock men will be the goalies for both teams... and the first team that scores 5 points will win. The winning team will have the right to pick a player from the losing team, and with that, the team will steal the player and for a four-man team. The losing team will return to the previous stage and do this all over again. In the end, the player that remains unchosen will have to leave..."

Yoichi and his team carefully listened to Ego's explanation, all the while he felt a glare being sent his way.
"Hmm?" Yoichi thought as he looked to the left and saw none other than Rin glaring at him.
'What is his problem?'
'I can't believe that ant is stealing (Y/n) from me... I won't let it end like that. I will humiliate him and make sure (Y/n) knows I am the better one.'

'Ahh! I am so excited! Rin and Yoichi being rivals... I hope this match won't make them hate each other. Rivals on and friends off the field! Would be so cute!' (Y/n) thought, her eyes widening as a door opened and she saw her friend with his Team walk out.
"Yoichi! Bachira! Nagi! You three made it!" (Y/n) yelled as she ran up to the trio, giving Yoichi a tight hug.
The boy blushed at the sudden embrace, but hugged back after a moment.

"Y-yeah..." The blue-eyed boy muttered as he received death glares from Nagi and Bachira.
"Yeah! You should have seen how well I was doing!" Bachira said as Nagi pulled them away from each other.
"I am sure you did well. Did Reo make it?" (Y/n) asked, turning her attention from Bachira to Nagi, who just grumbled a short 'yes'.
"Did you watch my goals?" The albino asked, all three now anxiously waiting for an answer or praises.