Chapter XXVII

If u ever feel stupid, just remember that Michael Kaiser went to Japan, started speaking German, and expected people to understand him☠️

The same night, everyone was peacefully asleep in their respective rooms. Still tired from the matches played previously, nobody bothered to do extra training. Well, except for 4 certain players. (Y/n) was planning on having a peaceful sleep, trying to forget what had happened today, when Yoichi interrupted her plans.

Her friend stopped her in the hallway, asking to help him and Nagi during practice so that they can defeat Barou and Naruhaya. The girl was at first surprised that Yoichi agreed to play against Barou but said nothing. So, instead of sleeping, she was watching Nagi and Yoichi score points while noting some things down.

'They really play differently now... it's so weird seeing Yoichi play without Bachira or Nagi without Reo... speaking of which, what happened to him? Nagi said he passed.' (Y/n) frowned as she observed Nagi a little bit longer before refocusing her attention on her notebook.
'Yoichi really changed fast. I am surprised with how easily he adapts to new players and environments. Nagi is nearly the same.' (Y/n) hummed as Yoichi and Nagi stopped playing and walked to where she was.

"Great job, you two. I am sure the match against Barou and Naruhaya will be over quicker than we might expect." (Y/n) said as Nagi took a sip from his water while Yoichi sat down next to her.
"Will you be watching over the match again?" Nagi questioned, earning a 'no' from the girl.

"There are some special guests coming over soon, and I need to help out around the facility. Plus, I mostly look over the 3 v 3 matches." Both boys grumbled and exchanged a few looks before nodding their heads at (Y/n).

Shortly after, the two ended their practice, and (Y/n) cleaned up the room. Sighing in relief, she was happy that the practice was over and she could get a few hours of sleep.
'I wonder what Ego-san has palned next. He did say to look out for something exciting after the practice match against the World 5.'
"(Y/n)? (Y/n)?" Yoichi's voice woke her up from her thoughts, and she looked at him in surprise, only to find the boy looking back at her in worry.

"You zoned out a little. Is everything alright?" Yoichi wondered, and (Y/n) nodded her head.
"Yeah, I was just thinking about... things. Are you nervous about the match?"
"A little... thisbmatch is my last chance to advance further. A step closer to my dream...and promise to you." Yoichi admitted, a little embarrassed as (Y/n) stared at him with a surprised look.

"You took that promise very seriously?" (Y/n) wondered, earning a nod from Yoichi. The boy laughed a little and turned to look at the girl, a small blush visible on his face.
"I want you to be happy, and if winning the World Cup will make you even a little bit happy, it's all the motivation I need." Yoichi said bashfully, squealing a little as (Y/n) hugged him around his shoulders.

"You are such a sweetheart, Yoichi! But don't overwork yourself too much. While the football player Yoich is a sight to see, I rather have my normal Yoichi healthy." The girl explained as she let the boy go. Yoichi was blushing like crazy by now as the words registered in his head.

'My normal Yoichi. My...Yoichi... My... that's right! I am hers! It's more than logical that she says 'My Yoichi', it sounds nice too.' The boy thought, quickly turning to speak with her again, neither realizing that Nagi was observing them with a cold stare.

With Rin...
Ever since Bachira arrived in their team, the teal-eyed boy felt like ripping his hair out. Not only was he loud and listened to nobody, but he also talked...a lot. And while Aryu and Tokimitsu didn't mind that, Rin did. He just wanted to rest in peace and quiet till another match came up. Waht soured his mood was the fact that (Y/n) never visited them after the match ended.

He just wanted to hear the old praises she used to utter out. But, the only difference being that they would be directed at him, and not his brother.
"Maaan, it's boring here! I wonder what (Y/n) is doing." Bachira sighed, plopping down on his bed. The words caught the trios attention, and surprisingly, Tokimitsu was the first one to speak up.

"You seem to be close with the manager... b-being on a first name basis with her and all."
Bachira stopped for a moment and sat up on his bed to look at Tokimitsu and Aryu, completely ignoring Rin's glare.

"Well, she has been my and Isagi's manager since the beginning, so I naturally did get closer to her. She is very nice, sometimes she will share food with me, and other times she would practice football with a former teammate of mine."
"Huh? She plays football?" Aryu mused, his head still stuck on the hair color.
"Not all the time, but the teammate has an injury similar to hers, so practicing with her was easier for him." Bachira smiled tightly, the images that were burned into his brain were causing his jealousy to flare up.

Bachira never admitted it to anyone, but he followed Chigiri every time he went to meet up with (Y/n) and every time, he was left to nearly punch someone. It wasn't fair! Chigiri didn't deserve to have those alone moments with (Y/n)! It pissed Bachira even more off that they shared some things in common.

Rin kept quiet about everything, trying to keep his own anger in check as the other two kept questioning Bachira. He was thankful they were, since a lot of the new information he got from Bachira might be useful in the future.

'At least I have some use of this looney guy.  That Isagi guy isn't much of a threat to me, he has nowhere near the talent I do, so he might be out in a few days...as for Bachira, I will sabotage him somehow... and those 2...they are not that big of a threat for now.' Rin thought, looking at Aryu and Tokimitsu, who were nodding to something Bachira said.

With Isagi and Nagi...
The two were now in their room, resting on their beds and trying to fall asleep. Tomorrow was the deciding game... tomorrow, either one of them will have to leave Blue Lock, or both of them will advance further.
'Hopefully, it's the second.' Yoichi sighed.

"Isagi... how close are you and (Y/n)?" Nagi's question caught the boy off guard, but he recovered soon after.
"(Y/n) and I have been friends for like 10 years or so... we went through a lot together." Yoichi simply answered. Nagi hummed, and kept quiet for a moment.

"Why are you even asking-"
"No reason. Let's just sleep."
The albino yawned, Yoichi rolled his eyes, and went to turn off the lights.
'I need to tell Reo about the things I found out recently.'

🩷hope u all liked this chapter and thank u for reading! Thanks for all the votes, too, the support means a lot. Stay safe u all, and agave a great day/night🩷