Chapter XXX

Kaiser, trying to impress Y/n: u know, when I was younger, I was surviving off of eating cement.
Y/n, who was forced into talking with him: I see that the cement made it to your brain

'They are really struggling to find anyone to play against them, huh?' (Y/n) thought, silently eating her food as Aryu and Tokimitsu were failing to find anyone to play against. Rin's team was known to have the current top3 players, so the other 4-man team were pretty much intimidated by them, leading the group to not find anyone to play against. Munching on her rice, the girl watched as the other group left, and Tokimitsu started panicking.

"Calm down, you two, I am sure a group will come to play against you." (Y/n) said as Bachira laughed.
"Besides, I like my individual training a lot more." Bachira added in, resting his head on (Y/n)'s shoulder.
"We need to advance in this selection round, and we can only do that when we play against other teams. It's been days since our last match." Aryu argued back, sitting across the two. Tokimitsu kept silent as he glared at Bachira's head. He envied how comfortable and relaxed (Y/n) was around Bachira, to the point that she let lean his head against her.

'Lucky.' Tokimitsu thought. He usually wasn't one to get jealous or even attached. But the way (Y/n) would be so patient with him and tell him being anxious is normal really made the boy feel safe...and loved, in a way.
'I wonder if she feels safe around me.'

Flashback...
Tokimitsu was doing his usual round of individual training while (Y/n) was writing down something concerning the equipment. The girl would glance at the boy from time to time, sensing his uneasiness. She wanted to tell him to calm down and that he was doing alright but decided against it. After all, she knew Tokimitsu for a very short while, and she didn't think it was her place to say anything.

So, while keeping quiet and doing her job as usual, Tokimitsu was panicking on the inside. The boy had doubts about any further advancements, with everyone rejecting the idea of playing against them. He was sure he would fail this round and be forced to go back home. The brown-haired boy started fidgeting at the thought and, rather harshly, kicked the ball into the goal. (Y/n) looked at Tokimitsu in panic and immediately went to get some fresh water and a towel for him.
'Not again!' She thought.

'I don't want to leave this place. I want to continue playing football. But at this rate...at this rate I won't advance at all. What if the next match we lose? Or start going on a losing streak? Ahhh!' Tokimitsu started breathing heavily as he sat down on the ground, feeling himself spiral a little. Just as he was about to completely lose it, he felt something wet cover his face.

"Calm down, Tokimitsu. Everything is alright." (Y/n)'s voice rang through his ears, and he felt her press the towel closer to his face. (Y/n) patted the towel gently on his face, trying to calm him down.
"You are doing alright. I understand your concerns, but don't underestimate yourself, Tokimitsu. Just take a few deep breaths." The girl instructed, and the boy slowly nodded his head, doing as he was told.

Tokimitsu felt himself calming down after a while, and (Y/n) removed the towel from his face, handing him a water bottle to drink from. Tokimitsu thanked her for it and slowly drank the water as (Y/n) put the towel away.
"Hey, how about we call it a day and go rest? I am sure the dining room is empty now. Maybe the silence will help you!" (Y/n) suggested as Tokimitsu swallowed the remaining water.

"Thanks... you don't have to accompany me, though. I am sure you have other things to do." Tokimitsu said quickly, but (Y/n) shook her head.
"It's no bother, I can finish this later. Nobody is planning to practice today, anyways." She said while smiling, causing the boy's heart beat to quicken a little.

"Hurry up now." Tokimitsu nodded his head and got up from the ground, silently following (Y/n). The boy kept a small distance as he glanced from the ground at her figure from time to time.
'This is weird...my heart is beating fast, but not in an uncomfortable, anxious way. Rather, it's soothing... is it because of her?' Tokimitsu thought, a small blush coating his face.