Chapter XXXVI

A wholesome Yn and Kaiser moment 🥰
Kaiser: Man, you really can't joke around with (Y/n) at all.
Lorenzo: Why?
Kaiser: All I said was that her hair is ugly, and she went 'Didn't your parents sell you for some cheese to the Berlin rats? Oh, ok! But, my hair is the problem?' And now I am close to crying
Lorenzo is meanwhile laughing his ass off.

⚽️
'How do you expect me to focus on the boys when there are hot men on the field?!' (Y/n) thought as she watched the game unfold in front of her. To her surprise, Rin had managed to score the first goal with Bachira and Isagi's help. For a split second she did believe that there might be hope the boys will accomplish something, not win necessarily, but at least it will be worth Rin's PTSD speech from before. But, that hope soon disappeared when she saw Adam and Loki score two goals.

'That was fast! It barely took them 3 minutes to equalize and 2 minutes to score another goal. So, this is the real deal? I can't believe I am seeing them in real life- AHH! You are getting distracted! Watch the boys!' (Y/n) shook her head and looked back at the team.

'Ok, Bachira's dribbling and ball control seemed to have improved drastically. Rin's shooting range has also expanded, I wonder if we can get him to shoot from 40 to 60 meters? Isagi has gotten a hang on his spacial awareness as well, but he still lacks the egoist confidence Ego-san is trying to impose on them. Aryu... Hmmm, I can see what he is trying to do in his defense strategy, but he needs to work on it. Silva already scored the 3rd point because of it. Tokimitsu needs to work on his balance on the field. Adam took him down pretty easily.' She thought while observing the team, blushing a little as she looked at the Brit next.
'Slam me on the floor as well, Adam! Please! Just one chance!' Shaking her head again (Y/n) focused her attention back on the team as another goal, this time by Pablo, was scored.

'4-1... As expected...' She thought.
"This is really a child's game for them." She heard Anri sigh as Ego hummed in agreement.
"It's expected. They are pro-players, and Team Red is full of diamonds that need to be polished. It's as if a math teacher were to enter a competition against middle school students. They are pretty much dominating the field now."
"Can they dominate me next?" (Y/n) muttered to herself as she watched Luna score the final point.

"Did you say something (Y/n)?" Anri asked in confusion, not having heard the girl correctly.
"I-I... Uhm, I remembered I didn't eat anything!" She said nervously as her face turned redder.
"Didn't I send you off to eat this morning?!" Anri yelled, not really out of anger, but more out of concern.
"I-I was late!"
"I will tell the chefs to make you twice as much tonight then." Anri sighed.
"You can have my-"
"No yakisoba, Ego!"
"You hurt me, Anri."

(Y/n) looked away at the monitor and then between the adults, shocked with how they spoke to each other.
'No honorifics?! They are so casual with each other.'
"That's it for this game." Ego yawned as he looked at his watch.
"It was as anticlimactic as I expected it to be." (Y/n) sighed as she gave Anri the papers she wrote on.
"Here! I hope you can read what I wrote. While there are players who have advanced their skills, there are those who still need to work on them. Hopefully, they will improve by the time the players for the World Cup will be selected." (Y/n) commented as Anri and Ego looked at each other for a moment.

"What?" She raised an eyebrow at how silent they both were.
"You will hear of it tomorrow. We are going to the JFA building tomorrow. There are some things we need to discuss with the higher-ups."
"It's important for the contestants more than anything."
"Ha?" (Y/n) mumbled as she looked between the two, already having a bad feeling about tomorrow.

Later that day, (Y/n) went to the storage room where Ego kept some of his snacks.
'He probably won't miss them too much.' She thought while carrying them and some water bottles she picked up on the way.
Once at the door of Yoichi's team, (Y/n) knocked and waited until she heard Aryu's voice telling her to come in.
"Hey guys, how are you doing? I brought you some snacks and water." She said while walking inside.

"(Y/n)!" Bachira cheered as he ran over to hug her, only for Rin and Aryu to grab him before he could move further.
"Don't overwhelm her, idiot!"
"Dumbass bee." Aryu and Rin glared at Bachira, who returned the favor.
"Where did you get these from? And does Ego-san know about it?" Isagi wondered as he took the snacks while Tokimitsu grabbed the bottles.
"Thanks, you two. And I will tell him this... later, tho. Besides, a few snacks won't hurt." (Y/n) smiled at the group, who ended up blushing and looking away.

"Y-yeah... Want to stay for a little while? We aren't doing anything, really." Isagi suggested, earning a nod from her.
"Sure!"
"Yaaa!" Bachira cheered as he got out of their holds and ran over to hug the girl.
"Bachira! Don't be so rude!" Tokimitsu scolded the boy.
"I don't mind... it's fine." (Y/n) said, hugging the brown/yellow-haired boy back.
"C-can I have a hug as well?" Isagi quickly asked.
"Sure-"
"Me as well, please!"
"Ok, Tokimitsu-"
"A hug would be very fashionable after the match we had." Aryu added in as he walked up to (Y/n), who quickly nodded her head.
"O-ok! One by one, tho."

'Those bastards! Those are my hugs! Why do nobodies get to have them?!' Rin bit back any curse words that were about to leave him. He was in her life first! He was the one who loved her first! More than his brother ever could! Hell, the only reason he was trying so hard to stand out here was so (Y/n) would stop looking at him as if he was still a child. He wasn't!

'I am way better than my brother or any of these losers in the facility... So why does she care?! She should be focusing her attention on me! I am the number one here.' Rin clenched his fist as he watched her talk happily with Aryu and Isagi over something. They eventually stopped for a brief moment when they noticed the glares he was sending them.

"Wanna join in?" Aryu asked as Bachira laughed at Rin's red face.
"Are you ok, Rin? Do you have a fever?" (Y/n) asked in concern as the boy huffed and walked towards the door.
"I will go take a shower." The boy said, not willing to listen to anyone for now.
"That's odd... He was all fine a few minutes ago." Tokimitsu mused.
"He was?"
"Yeah, he was talking normally to me, and now this." Isagi agreed with Tokimitsu's statement.

"Ahhh... Interesting..."
'Oh no! I probably interrupted his moment with Yoichi! I am so sorry, Rinnie! I will be a better big sis next time and not interrupt you!' She panicked internationally as Bachira spoke about the previous game they had.

As the day progressed, (Y/n) bid a goodbye to the team and made her way back to her quarters. She still had some time left until dinner, and she wanted to use that time to go through the current ranking.
'The current top 6 players are pretty strong, I am amazed. Hopefully, Yoichi, Bachira, and Chigiri will clime up higher. There isn't much time left until we have to pick the players for the national team, and I really want them to make it.'

"Hey, you! Do you you speak English by any chance?" (Y/n) froze in her spot as she heard the familiar voice of a certain Spaniard. Slowly, she turned around and nervously nodded her head as the blonde walked over to her.
'Waahh! He is so tall! And strong!' Her face went redder at the last thought, and she tried to calm herself down.

"Y-yes I do. How can I help you?' She asked as Luna smiled while handing her a stack of papers.
"We were told to make a report on the players today. Sadly, we can't find Ego anywhere. Could you bring it to him?" Luna asked in his usual sweet tone.
'Gladly! Want me to be your housewife while we are at it?!' (Y/n) instead nodded her head and took papers from him.

"I-I will... Thanks for coming here , by the way." She added in while hiding her face behind the papers as Luna thanked her and walked away.
'I can die happily now!' She sighed dreamily and leaned against the wall, trying to collect her thoughts.
'Today was an amazing day! Thank you, God!' She thought with heart eyes while looking at the direction Luna went off to.

🩷Hope you all liked the chapter and thank you for supporting this book! Stay safe and have a great day/night🩷