Chapter XVIII

Itoshi brothers on their way to make their sibling issues everyone else's problem... just not a therapist's problem.

'This is it... the last match. 10 against 11 and only one team can win. Please, let this end well.' (Y/n) thought as she nervously walked towards the training ground where the match between Team Z and V will be held in less than an hour. Because of everything that had happened yesterday and her nervousness over the match, (Y/n) barely got any sleep and woke up an hour before her normal routine. This gave her time to prepare the training ground and finish some laundry, hoping the chores might calm her down. But alas, nothing worked.

'Yoichi, Bachira and Chigiri... please work hard. I'd like to see you at the other rounds as well.' She nervously played with her fingers, not paying attention to anything around her.
"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" Jumping up in surprise, the girl looked at Yoichi as he ran down the hallway, all dressed up in his uniform.
"Yoichi? Why aren't you with your team?" (Y/n) asked as the boy finally stopped.
"I... I wanted to see you before the game." Yoichi admitted, hiding his blush as he continued speaking.
"I didn't see you the whole day yesterday, and I was hoping to speak with you."

"Oh? Sorry, I was out with Teieri-san the whole day and I was kind of tired after we came back." (Y/n) admitted, not wanting to speak about Sae... she never even told Yoichi about their fallout to begin with.
"Are you alright? Did you get any rest after you came back? Do you want me to carry-"
"No need! I am completely fine now, thank you though." (Y/n) waved her hands nervously as Yoichi stopped talking, nodding his head right after.
"Alright, if you need something I can do it for you! But, I wanted to ask you what your thoughts are on this whole project?" Yoichi asked seriously, anxiously waiting for her answer as (Y/n) thought over her answer.

"Well, it's certainly a never before seen project. Ego-san has some weird ideas at times, but-"
"No, I mean... will you be staying here? Continue being a manager?" Yoichi interrupted.
"Oh... yeah, I will. I really love it here and it feels nice to be out of the house for a while." (Y/n) nodded her head as Yoichi felt his determination grow even more.

'Now I definitely need to survive! Not only for the World Cup, but also for (Y/n)! I am not leaving her alone.'
"Yoichi... can you promise me something?" (Y/n) suddenly spoke up and the boy looked at her again.
"Sure-" The boy stopped talking as he looked at his friend, surprised when he saw a dark glint in her eyes. One filled with sorrow, resentment and determination.
'What the...' Yoichi thought as (Y/n) moved closer, then leaned down to whisper something into his ear.
"Win this, Yoichi. Win this match and continue winning."

The boy felt an overwhelming presence suddenly appear in (Y/n)'s place, one he never felt before.
"A-alright." Yoichi gulped, causing the girl to move away. As if that was a magic word, (Y/n) returned to normal, as if nothing ever happened.
'What...what was that?' Yoichi thought.

"No, move." Reo said as he stood in front of (Y/n), shielding her from whatever Nagi wanted to do.
"Can you two cut it out?" (Y/n) asked as she moved past the duo and towards Zantetsu.
"Here you go! I left yours longer in the fridge."
"A-ah! You did? Why?" Zantetsu asked in confusion, startled either the sudden remark.
"You mentioned a few days ago that you liked the water colder than it normally is."
"You remember that?" Zantetsu asked in awe as (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders.
"It's not a big deal. If you need anything more or have other preferences, tell me."
"I-I will." Zantetsu said nervously, earning disapproving looks from Nagi and Reo.

'How much will it cost me to get rid of a body?' Reo thought, holding Nagi back by his shirt.
"I wonder if I can get her to feed me again." Nagi muttered, earning a snarl from Reo.
"I will kick your ass if you do that again. Why are you even doing all of this? You said you don't like her." Nagi sent the irritated heir an unamused look and then looked back at (Y/n).