Chapter II

(Y/n) is 17-18 here and also around 178 cm tall. Bcs we need a tall reader from time to time.

"Oh wow!"
"That was cool!"
"I didn't know (Y/n)-san was that strong." The voices of underclassmen were heard as they watched the girl throw her opponent on the ground, which signaled the end of the training session for the karate club.

"Good job everyone." The coach called out as (Y/n) helped the boy up.
"Remember, tomorrow's training is canceled due to our football club having a match and we will be supporting them."
"Yes, coach." Some called out as (Y/n) quietly nodded her head, growing a little nervous at the stares from the gym entrance.
"Yeah, she is no joke. I don't know where she has all that strength from."
"It's no wonder she is the captain of our school's club... She is also pretty cute." Two boys said as they watched the girl walk towards the changing room with some of her girl friends.

"That was a good training today, you all did great! Especially you Suzuki-san, great improvement with observation!" (Y/n) cheered the younger girl, who blushed at the compliment and nodded her head.
"I-I try my best..."
"Hey, we can all go and have some lunch together! I heard the new sushi restaurant is an absolute must-go." (Y/n) suggested, but was met with silence.
"Huh? Maybe somewhere else?"
"Sorry (Y/n), I am meeting up with Makoto-kun later."
"And my boyfriend is taking me out for our anniversary now too. Maybe another time."
"I have an exam later this week, so I can't really go either." The girls answered, disappointing the girl a little, but regardless nodded her head.
"Yeah, maybe some other time. Hope you all have a great time, and good luck with all the studying." (Y/n) called out as her fellow clubmates left the locker room.

"Guess I will just go alone... more sushi for me then!" The dual-haired girl said sadly as she took her bag and locked up after herself.
'This is weird... where is my hair comb? I always keep it in my bag.' (Y/n) wondered as she rummaged through it, hoping the said object might appear.
"(Y/n)! I was wondering when you will get out!" Yoichi called out, smiling as the taller girl approached him.

"You were waiting? Why didn't you text me?! I would have finished faster!" (Y/n) scolded, walking up to the flustered boy.
"I-I wasn't waiting for too long! Besides, you know I always walk home with you." Yoichi explained as they walked out of the school building. (Y/n) nodded silently as she looked around the school grounds.
"You really don't have to wait for me, I am sure your club mates would like to hang out with you too." (Y/n) said, but Yoichi simply shook his head, grinning at her.
"It's alright! Besides, I like talking to you more." He admitted, blushing a bright red. (Y/n)'s eyes widened, but she suppressed a blush as she ruffled his hair.

"That's cute! But you really should work on making a stronger bond with your teammates. Are they excited about the game tomorrow?" (Y/n) wondered, not noticing the way her friend's hands clenched into fists.
"They are excited, I guess."
'Why do you care about them? Just pay attention to me. Am I not enough?' He thought, hearing (Y/n) hum next to him.
"I bet you can't wait, the possibility of quality for Nationals is exciting to think of! I am sure you and your team will do great tomorrow!"
Yoichi's bad mood quickly turned happy as he nodded his head.
"I will do my best..."

(Y/n) frowned at his response and looked directly at him again.
"Something is bothering you?"
"Kinda... can you really not come tomorrow? It won't be the same without you." Yoichi pouted, watching as (Y/n)'s gaze softened a little.
"Sorry, but I really need to go to a meeting tomorrow. But I will be cheering you on, even if you can't see me." The girl said as Yoichi sighed sadly, but still nodded his head.
"Alright, but I will make sure to play even better than I usually do."
"I know you will."
The duo walked down the street silently after that, not noticing a male figure watching them in silent rage.

'This isn't fair! What does that nobody have that keeps her around?! A girl like her shouldn't be with low-level football players.' The figure huffed in annoyance, wondering what he could do to get the girl's attention on himself.
'I kind of would like to play against their school, only to show her who the superior player is.'
The boy thought as he looked longingly at the girl he fell for, finding her more beautiful in real life than in the newspapers.