Chapter XXIV

"We would like for Kaiser to have a Bavarian dialect in the anime!"
No no no, why would people want this? Did u all ever hear a Bavarian speak?!

'It's time! The 2nd selection round! I can't wait till Rin and Yoichi meet, they will for sure be great friends... if not on the field, maybe off the field.' (Y/n) thought as she remembered this is a place for egoists. Ego cleared his throat and turned on the monitors, showing them the room all the remaining players were in. They noted the confusion everyone had on their faces when they read the names of the teams. In there were members ranging from V to Z, all ranked differently.

(Y/n) looked at a monitor that was showing Yoichi's Team Z, smiling softly at his confused and panicked expression.
"Ego-san... I think you should start explaining the situation, otherwise panic might ensue." (Y/n) said to the man as he turned on the camera and microphone.
"Hi there, you lumps of talent. Good job on your physical training. Gathered here are 25 players from all 5 wings. All 125 of you cleared the 1st selection round. I'm sure the clever ones in here have already noticed, but there isn't anyone in here from wing 1,2,3, or 4." There was a short silence in the room and Ego fixed his glasses before finally speaking up again.

"That's because those don't exist, only Wing 5 exists in Blue Lock." Ego's announcement caused the room to grow silent as they looked at the man in shock.
"By making you all think you were in Teams V-Z at the bottom... you all fought like madmen in the 1st selection round."
"What is this mess?!" One player finally yelled and another one followed.
"You tricked us... and then made us do that training?! Are you trying to kill us?!"
"Yeah, that's right." Ego answered back coldly as (Y/n) chocked on her spit.

"Bad wording, Ego-san!" She yelled, but got ignored by the man as he kept on glaring at the players.
"I am trying to kill your tepid confidence. I created this scheme to produce the hungry mindset you all need in order to become the best in the world." The room again erupted in protests to Ego's explanation, some were mad and kept quiet and some were just confused.
"What the hell?! You made fools of us!"

"What's the point of playing football, when you makes us feel crappy?!"
"Idiots. Those tepid remarks are exactly what I am talking about. Listen, take Noel Noa for example, the man who is now known as the #1 striker in the world...grew up in the slums of France. Throughout those days in poverty, with crime and violence always close by... he knew he could change his destiny with a football... Football was literally his only chance." Ego continued explaining as (Y/n) listened carefully.

"You all grew up in tepid Japan, where you can survive even if you fail at football. Since you guys never faced a life like them, I created Blue Lock, to give you all that level of goal hunger the top strikers in the World have. And that hunger I am creating in you guys, will become the ego that will change the world. Well now, let's start the 2nd selection round. In the 1st selection you learned how to turn your 0 into a 1 as a striker, and on our brand new training field, you will be learning to turn that 1 into a 100. The 2nd Selection has 5 stages, only the ones who clear a particular stage will be able to advance further and go to the next level." Ego said as the monitor showed them the five stages, that were forming a circle.

(Y/n) listened carefully as Ego explained it, but got cut short as the door opened and Anri looked into the room.
"(Y/n), I need your help with some arrangements, come with me."
"Huh? Now?" (Y/n) asked as she walked up to the woman, who nodded her head.
"Yes, now." Anri repeated and pulled the girl out of the room.
"The ones who advance further will go to a special training camp with the top players in the world. Those players were selected by me. Now... the first stage is an individual battle, once you walk inside, you can't get out." Ego said and pointed at a door that had 'Second selection' written on it.

"The second selection will clear out all the garbage we have, and only the true egoist will remain. Good luck." Ego finished and the camera and microphone turned off.
'So not all of us 11 will go further from the 2nd round... this is all an individual battle.' Yoichi thought as he looked at the monitor.

'I swear I heard (Y/n)'s voice... is she going to be watching me?!' The boy thought excitedly. While everyone was still wondering what to do and how to approach everything, Rin walked out of the crowd and towards the pile of footballs, looking at the monitor from time to time.
'Hope you are watching (Y/n)... Sae will soon be history in your books.'

"AHHHHH! WHO WILL BE HERE?!" The staff looked at (Y/n) in shock as the usual quiet girl was yelling at Anri with a flustered expression. Anri was just as shocked and pinched (Y/n)'s arm, causing the girl to flinch a little.
"Oww! Sorry, sorry, Teieri-san." (Y/n) quickly apologized to her and the people around them.
"I-It's alright...but are you alright? You seem very flustered and barely ever yell at anyone." Anri said as she got over her shock. (Y/n) nodded her head and tried to cool herself down.

"I think my reaction would have been a lot molder if someone warned me beforehand I would have been a lot calmer now... oh man, the top5 will be here..." (Y/n) sighed dreamily.
"Do you have a crush on them or something? I understand that Blake and Luna might be attractive, but not to warrant this reaction." Anri sighed as (Y/n) shook her head.
"Well I kinda have a...celebrity crush on the Argentinian player in the group Ego-san invited." (Y/n) admitted, a little embarrassed, but she really didn't feel like lying to Anri.

"Cavasoz? Well... I guess..." Anri thought and then pinched (Y/n)'s arm again.
"Ouch!"
"Regardless of your personal feelings, we are here to further Japanese football, not find your future husband, so act professionally around him."
(Y/n)'s got more nervous at the sound of that and nodded her head.
"O-of course! Besides, he is old for that, I just admire him a lot."

Anri sweatdropped at the statement but let it slide.
'So am I a hag now? He is like a year older than me.'
"Anyways, they will be here shortly before the 2nd selection ends, please go and help the staff prepare the bedrooms. After that, the first matches of the 2nd selection will begin." (Y/n) nodded her head as Anri kept on explaining.
"It's a 3 vs 3 match on the field down the hallway. Prepare everything that is needed for it."
"Yes, Teieri-san!" (Y/n) bowed as the woman left her to the duties of the day.

'The top 5 players... this will be exciting! I hope the rest is doing good in the 1st stage...'
"These are the things you will bring to rooms 3 and 4, Luna-san and Silva-san will be staying there." One of the staff told (Y/n) as she looked at the boxes and picked them up.
"Once you are done with those you are free to do what Teieri-san told you to."

"Yes!" (Y/n) agreed and ran off to the directoion of the rooms. The staff that remained looked at the girl and shrugged their shoulders.
"What a weird girl... did you see the hair?"
"Forget the hair, how did she pick up  those 2 boxes so easily?"
"The kids here are so weird..."

'Man I am hungry... I wonder how the rest feels? Did they even eat enough before entering this stage?' (Y/n) thought to herself as she finished tidying up the bedroom designated for Silva. Looking around, she sighed to herself, took the empty cardboard boxes and walked out of the room.

'Maybe I can ask Cavasoz for an autograph? Or will that be too much?! Should I even talk or look at him?! Nobody said that this was part of the deal...' (Y/n) locked the door and walked to the exit of this Wing. It was a special one, designated only for the top players and it was pretty much taboo going here, unless you got the strict order to do so.

'I hope I will see Yoichi and Rin on the field. Chigiri, Bachira, and Niko you guys better not disappoint.' (Y/n) looked at her watch as it started beeping again, warning her that the 3 v 3 matches will start soon.
'Let's go then... 2nd selection will be quite exhausting for everyone.'

🩷that's all for this chapter! Hope u liked it and thank u for the support! Thanks for reading and voting, it means a lot! Stay safe and have a great day/night🩷