Chapter IV

Walking down the corridor quietly, (Y/n) looked for the room where Anri and Ego were, as the warm-up for the teams started and she wasn't needed for the current moment.
'I am a little nervous for Yoichi... What did those two even plan?' Sighing, she finally found the monitor room and knocked on the door before she walked inside.
"What is going on here?" (Y/n) asked as Anri turned to look at her.
"They are playing tag, it's normal for warm-ups." The woman explained as (Y/n) glanced from monitor to monitor, flinching at how brutal some of them were.
"So it's normal that they play like hooligans?" The younger questioned, her attention now fully focused on the room Yoichi was in.

"This isn't a normal game of tag. This game is the first round of our eliminations." Ego spoke up, causing the girl to look at him nervously.
"What do you mean?"
"In this round, the player who stays it till the time runs out... will be eliminated." Anri explained as (Y/n)'s eyes widened in surprise and she looked back at Team Z's monitor.
"So... that means Yoichi is it." She gulped, noticing that there was less than a minute left.
'Yoichi?! This can't be... No, he is good in football. He will find a way out.' She thought, watching as he looked nervously around the room.
"Already suspecting someone who will leave?" Ego wondered as he looked back at (Y/n), but she quickly shook her head.

"N-no! There is still some time left!"
"Here is your chance!" The three looked at Team Z's monitor and saw a black/yellow-haired boy laughing as he was on top of a orange-haired boy, holding him back from running.
'Hooligan!' (Y/n) thought as the odd boy kept encouraging Yoichi to aim at the taller one. (Y/n) watched as the orange-haired boy picked the other one up and threw him at another player.
"I told you to play fair and square!!"
"Ego-san, you sure this won't do the opposite of what you intended to?" The (h/c) and (f/c)-haired girl wondered, earning a grin from the man.
"It's going just where I intended it to go."

(Y/n) went to watch them again, just in time when Kira started encouraging Yoichi to go after the buzzcut boy, who was still injured from the previous collision.
"Hey... sorry. I didn't mean to aim at you!" The boy cried out as Yoichi kept staring down at him.
'35 seconds left...' (Y/n) thought as she looked at the duo. While she knew how much her friend loved football, she knew he won't go after a person who can't get up anymore, let alone run. And just as she thought that she saw Yoichi turn around and run in the opposite direction, where the rest of the group was.

"I knew he wouldn't... and only 20 seconds are left..."
"What?" Anri and Ego questioned, but (Y/n) just shook her head.
"Nothing!!"
The boy from before, with the golden-yellow eyes laughed and took the ball from Yoichi, making him the new it.
"What is he doing now?"
'Bachira... Meguru? Huh?' (Y/n) read the name of the display.
"Go for the strongest guy!" Bachira exclaimed as he ran towards Kira.
'Ahh... now I see what he is doing. Kira is the highest-ranked player in Team Z... if he is gone, the other players will have an easier time surviving. Alone they won't be able to take him out, so he is probably trying to rile Yoichi up too. A good tactic, shady but necessary in this environment.' (Y/n) thought as the white-haired boy dodged the ball. The ball bounced from the wall and back at Yoichi.

'5...4...3... do something!' She thought, watching in anticipation as Yoichi kicked the ball, hitting Kira directly in the face.
"Uff!" (Y/n) flinched as she noticed the blood as the timer hit 0, signaling the end of the game, and the display simply showed Kira as the loser.
"Thank God..." (Y/n) sighed as Anri sent her a glance and Ego got up from his seat, ready to make another announcement to Team Z.
"Good work, you lumps of talent. Results are everything here." Ego announced as he clapped for a few seconds.

"Now get out, loser! Ryosuke Kira... you are disqualified!" Ego announced dramatically as Anri walked over to (Y/n).
"Team Z finished their training, go and bring them some water."
"Ah? Sure!" The girl said as Anri continued.
"Then you will assist Team X. They will have some warm-ups."
"Yes, Teieri-san-"
"How is this... supposed to help us win a World Cup? Why does... why does someone as talented as me need to have their future destroyed?!"