Yapping about Isagi

AN: Today is the best boy's birthday! It's still April 1st in my timezone, so I want to yap a little bit about him. And before anyone says it's favoritism... It is, I fully recognize it as favoritism.

Anyway, the yapping part:
There are a lot of things I love about Isagi, but one of the main traits I really like is his way of showing kindness towards others, even if they were assholes towards him at first (side-eyeing Rin and Reo here mostly). I think one of the reasons Isagi looks past all those things easily is because he was raised in a very loving home, so he has an easier time showing it to others. He was patient with Rin, even went as far as to bond with him during yoga sessions, recognized Rin's obvious talent in football, but still showed his will to work harder to surpass him one day.

With Reo, we all know him and his abandonment issues, it was surprising to see them bond in the monitor room the night when they were picking teams. I loved seeing Isagi talk his mind freely with the Reo, telling him to stop chasing other people and think of himself.

He also shows a lot of understanding towards Hiori, especially during the Ubers match. Isagi and Hiori do share a strong bond, and I believe it stems from Isagi mainly giving Hiori patience and not a hard time when he fails. It was pretty evident when the attempt at scoring failed during the Ubers match. Isagi didn't care, he didn't see Hiori as less than and just told him to try it one more time. Isagi also doesn't try to shove it down Hiori's throat to love football or to even play it.

The next thing I love about Isagi is how much of a pragmatic and open person he is. He isn't really someone who minces his words, especially during games, but just tells people as it is. And, while some readers of the manga might not like that, that's an attitude most, if not all football players have. Especially in these cases when Isagi realizes his career or Blue lock's future are on the line. Some might say it's unnecessary, but the project itself was made to make the players stronger, whether people like it or not.

Another thing I love about Isagi is his adaptability on the field and that he knows how to how to control the abilities he has. I really love his goals, they seem simple, yet are very well thought out.

Also, baby Isagi is just the most adorable boy on the planet. Tears are in my eyes whenever I see him appear in the manga.

What I want to say it, I love Isagi a lot, and I am really glad Kaneshiro picked him as the protagonist. A simple boy, who grew up in a household a lot of us (not all) can relate. He is just a little guy working hard for his dream 🥹💖

Also, Isagi doesn't solely rely on luck. Anyone who thought things through could have scored that final goal during the U-20 arc. With how some people treat him, you would think he has Igaguri's skills and Kira's personality. No, luck doesn't get you anywhere in the long run, and neither does talent. Hard work will help you out in anything in life, tbh. And Isagi is a hard worker. He has been practicing football ever since he was a little kid and never stopped practicing since then. Idk if some people are even reading the manga atp or are just skimming through the pictures and spoilers☠️

Anyway, happy birthday to the cutest boy, Isagi Yoichi. My beloved little mochi 🥹

P.S: I hope Tada falls down a flight of stairs or smth