Chapter XVI

After a short conversation (Y/n) had with Anri and Ego, the girl was pulled out of the office to help Anri run some errands at the JFU building.
Currently, they were driving through the busy streets of Tokyo as (Y/n) kept spacing out from time to time.
"Why do you need me at the JFU even? I am just a manager." (Y/n) asked, finally snapping out of her thoughts. Anri sent (Y/n) a short glance and then looked back at the road.

"I need to finish some paperwork there and have a talk with the higher-ups. But I also need to pick some stuff up, so while I am in the meeting, you are to bring the things to my car." (Y/n) nodded her head and looked out of the window again. They soon had to stop at a red light and something caught the girl's eyes. Rather, it was a billboard with someone's familiar face on it.
'Well... he is popular here... Seeing billboards of him on one of the busiest streets in Tokyo isn't something that should surprise me.' The girl sighed sadly and tore her eyes from the billboard.

'You are so stupid, (Y/n).'
"Are you alright?" Anri asked, noticing the girl's sudden sad demeanor.
"Ha? Yeah, I am fine! Just thinking!"
(Y/n) said quickly, blushing from the embarrassment that Anri had seen her like that.
'Only a demon or a monster would like you.'
The girl bit down on her lip as she remembered his words, still cutting through her heart once in a while.

Back at the Blue Lock building, Yoichi had spent a good hour playing against Baro. The taller surprised and left the boy in awe when the short game ended, his precision and speed were something Yoichi wanted, needed even. He needed to become better, better than Baro or anyone in the Blue Lock building.
'I need to go to the World Cup and represent my country.' Yoichi thought as he walked down the hallway, all the while he kept staring at his right hand.
'I will be the world's best striker and prove my worth to everyone, especially to (Y/n). Especially after the promise we made years ago.'

8 years prior...
"The World Cup?! I knew you were ambitious about becoming a great player, but playing for our national team at such an event is a big thing!"  A 10-year-old (Y/n) exclaimed as they walked home from school. The shorter nodded his head, grabbing tightly onto (Y/n)'s hand.

"Yeah! But I know I can do that! Then Saitama will have you, a world-known karate champion and me, the player for Japan's national team!" Yoichi said happily as (Y/n) laughed along, liking the idea.
"Yeah! I can already imagine going to overseas competitions! It sounds exciting, but both of us need to train a lot for it." (Y/n) added and Yoichi nodded his head.
"Yeah! Let's promise that we will be there for each other during those moments!" Yoichi smiled up at the girl, who quickly nodded her head.
"Promise."

Present time...
'I remember the day (Y/n) came back from the doctor, looking broken... I wish I could have done or said something to make her feel better. But now I know what I want to do... I want to win the World Cup for her. I want her to be there and hold the trophy. That stupid school for not allowing her to train anymore, just to help out...' Yoichi clenched his fists, mad at both the administration and the head of the club. Shaking his head, with his goal set clear, Yoichi walked to his team's room, ready for tomorrow's match.
'I will win this.'

With (Y/n)...
"When you finish bringing these boxes into the car, go to the receptionist and inform him. I will be in the meeting room on the top floor. You can wait outside, there is a vending machine close by in case you get hungry." Anri explained to (Y/n), who nodded her head every now and then.
"Alright! You can count on me to be done as soon as possible!" The girl said as Anri sent her a thumbs up and smile before walking off.
'I wish I was more like her. She is so confident and doesn't get distracted by anything!' (Y/n) thought as she watched the woman walk off.
"Well, off to work." She hummed and took one of the boxes and walked out of the building.

Meanwhile, down the hallway a familiar figure from (Y/n)'s past noticed the girl's figure, causing them to freeze up for a moment.
"(Y/n)? She is here..." The boy thought, prepared to walk after her, but a hand on his shoulders stopped him.
"Hey, where are you going? The meeting will start in a minute." A blonde told him, pulling the player into the conference room.
"You don't have to pull me, Sendo."
"Well obviously I do, otherwise you would have run off to God knows where." The blonde rolled his eyes, ignoring the glares he was receiving.

'Only one more box... then I am done!' (Y/n) cheered as she walked into the building for the 4th time and took the remaining box u into her hands.
'Medical supplies? I didn't know we were already out of them.' (Y/n) commented, but shrugged her shoulders as she walked out. Humming, the girl walked to the car and put the last box inside.
'Finally done!' The girl thought happily and went back into the building, towards the reception. Already there, (Y/n) noticed a crowd of people and reporters outside, ready to snap pictures of whoever would come out.

"Hello, I finished picking up the boxes Teieri-san ordered me to." (Y/n) told the man, who nodded his head and started writing something down. While he was doing that, the girl kept looking through the glass door for a while and then up at the man.
"Is someone important here today?" She finally asked. The man threw her a curious look and then at the door, realizing what she meant.
"The U-20 has a conference today with some sponsors, so the fans are excited to see them." (Y/n) felt her heart stop for a moment as she nodded her head.
'Is he here too? No, no it's impossible.'

"Here, this came today and Teieri-san said to give it to you. It's your package, apparently."
The girl shook her head and took the box.
"Thank you. The conference room, Teieri-san is in is on the top floor?" (Y/n) asked and the man nodded his head.
"The last door to the left."
"Thank you!"
With that, the girl walked off towards the elevator, reading what was written on the package.
'Oh! It's the brace I ordered! I didn't expect it to come so soon.' (Y/n) smiled as she read the name of the company, it's the same one she got her compressions from.
'Hope this will fit.'

While (Y/n) was happily in her own world, she didn't notice one of the players following after her. As much as he knew it was wrong, he needed to talk with her. There are so many things he wanted to say, and this was the only chance he had.

"Hmmm?" (Y/n) looked at the vending machine, wondering what she could buy.
'Maybe chocolate milk? The chocolate bars look good too! Hm...'
The girl pouted and after a minute finally picked two items and waited for them to be dropped.
"I wish we had one at Blue Lock, but Teieri-san would probably kill both Ego-san and me for eating the food there constantly." (Y/n) muttered, shuddering at the idea.

Taking her stuff, (Y/n) was about to leave the area and go towards the meeting room. But before she could do so, a familiar voice called out her name and she froze.
"(Y/n)? I know that's you, the hair is a dead giveaway."
'Why is he here now?! I thought he wasn't in Japan at all!' Gulping, the girl turned around and looked at the boy. A lot of emotions were bubbling up inside of her as she looked at his face, he barely changed.
"You..."

🩷Hope u liked this chapter and that u had a great day/night! Thank u for reading and voting, the support means a lot! Stay safe and have a great day/night🩷