Chapter XIX

A.N before we start, no the adults here will not have any romantic relationship with the reader. At most, if u want to, I can make them have a platonic one. Only a platonic one!

"Raichi, can you come outside for a moment? I need to talk with you." (Y/n) said from the entrance of the locker room. Team Z looked between the two, confused and worried by what the discussion is about. Raichi was about to reject the idea, more like yell, but Yoichi and Chigiri sending him warning glares was enough to keep his mouth shut. He simply nodded his head and followed after her.
'What does she want now?' He thought while closing the door. Iemon and Naruhaya let out sighs of relief and looked at each other.
"At least they didn't argue."
"Can we have this peace more often?"

Once the two were as far from the locker room as possible, Raichi stopped in his tracks and raised his eyebrow at her.
"Can you like... please be more cooperative? You guys are on the brink of losing right now and you protesting any idea from Yoichi is not helping you." Raichi felt his annoyance rise again and spoke up.
"Why? Can't your little boyfriend come and speak to me about it?"
"Beast friend, for your information. And no, I came here to speak with you in my own name. Listen... if you are more cooperative now... I will..."
Raichi waited impatiently as (Y/n) thought of a deal he might like.

"...I will give you my lunch tomorrow. Smoked salmon, vegetables and rice sounds nice, hm?" (Y/n) grinned, seeing that the idea piqued his interest. Raichi kept quiet for a while, just thought over the idea.
'Do I have to give him money or something instead?' (Y/n) thought it over, hoping she brought enough with herself.
"Fine. But the food better be worth it." Raichi finally spoke up, making the girl sigh in relief.
"Great!" She cheered as the boy huffed in annoyance.

"Alright, the 2nd half starts now! The scores are 3-2 in Team V's favor! Please start the game!" (Y/n) said as the siren signaled the start and Yoichi kicked the ball. Bachira was the one to receive the ball this time, and (Y/n) noted the way Team V was now more cautious of him. Bachira kicked the ball to Gagamaru, who went a little bit too far. It looked like he was about to miss the ball, but to everyone's surprise, Gagamaru did a dive again and kicked the ball with his heel.

'Amazing! A scorpion kick! I never thought I would see one live!' (Y/n) thought, remembering this trick from watching games on the TV with Yoichi. It looked like he would score a goal for Team Z, but in the last minute Zantetsu blocked by Zantetsu.

'I forgot about him!' (Y/n) thought, watching as Yoichi took the ball. The boy tried to dodge the Team V players, not paying attention to the player coming from behind him.
"Isagi, behind you!" Another player from Team V took the ball from Yoichi and kicked the ball to his teammates. Raichi was about to yell at him, but bit back his words as he remembered the deal he made with (Y/n).
'Your lucky day, Isagi...'
'Scary!' Naruhaya flinched noting, the way Raichi shook in rage.

"Even though you are acting cool, you are totally useless." Yoichi turned to look at Nagi in confusion.
"Why didn't you shoot? You do a lot of pointless stuff." Yoichi ignored him.
"But, why don't you just give up gracefully? You guys are totally different from all the other guys we have beaten. If I had your level of talent, I would have quit football." Yoichi continued ignoring him, not wanting to lose his temper now, but then Nagi said something which pushed him over the edge.

"You are trying to look cool in front of (Y/n), right? Well, that won't work. Once you guys are eliminated, she won't see you again. I will have all the time in the world to show her what real football skills are."
'This... this guy!' Yoichi sent Nagi a death glare.
"Shut it, prodigy!" He yelled, running towards Reo, who was in the possession of the ball.

'Now watch this, (Y/n). I will show you who the real genius is.' Reo thought happily, trying to block out Raichi's taunting.
'This guy is such a pain in the ass. Why is (Y/n) so fixated on this team?' He sent the blonde a side-glare.
"Hey, what's wrong?! You need to file a victim report?! Passing and dribbling, you have me defeatedin those parts, but I noticed one thing... you are basically nothing without that prodigy over there!" Raichi continued, pointing at Nagi. Reo seemed to get ticked off by that statement and elbowed Raichi on the neck.