Chapter XXIII

Isagi and Bachira are certified MOAs. In fact, Isagi's bias is Soobin and Bachira's is Hueningkai. They told me so, it's canon!!

(Y/n) was walking down the hallway towards Ego's office to return her phone and to check out with him and Anri what her duties were for today. But just for one more time she wanted to call her parents, since she didn't know when she will have access to it again. Nervously, she dialed her mom's number hoping she would pick up the call, and sure enough she answered after the first 5 rings.

"Ahh! My baby called! How have you been, (Y/n)?!" The girl smiled at her mom's usual cheerful voice.
"Hey mom, am I interrupting?"
"Not at all- Wait! (Y/n) is calling us, Honey." The girl heard some shuffling from the other side and then her dad's voice.
"Hey Sweety, how are you? Do you have any issues?"
"I put you on speaker!" Her mom added.
"Hey dad, no I am not having any issues. Just wanted to call you two before I return my phone to Teieri-san. How have you two been?"

"The usual really, just work and occasional dinner dates. It's good that you called today."
"Really? Is something going on?" (Y/n) raised her eyebrow.
"Well, nothing major. Just that your mom and I will be going to Taipei this week for a meeting, so our phones will be off. We were worried that we won't hear from you for a long time." Her dad answered.
"Ah, that meeting you were talking about last month? I completely forgot about that..." (Y/n) admitted in embarrassment, since she often forgot about those things.

"It's ok, baby. But I have a serious request for you!" Her mom's voice was heard and (Y/n) felt a weird feeling of dread fill her up.
"What is it?"
"You know how our company's 30th anniversary is coming up?"
"Yeah?"
"Honey, no." Her father protested.
"Shush! We want you to bring Niko to the party!"
"What?!" (Y/n) exclaimed in shock as her father yelled a 'No we don't.' But his protests fell on deaf ears as her mom continued.

"We want to meet your boyfriend properly, Miss Miyano does too!"
"You told my nanny?! And Niko isn't my boyfriend, mom." (Y/n) protested the idea again, face flushed in embarrassment.
"It better be that way-" her father groaned and (Y/n) suspected her mom pulled on his ear, as she usually does when mad at him.
"Shush, if it were up to you, (Y/n) wouldn't be allowed to date till the age of 30. Anyways, either you will invite him or I will come marching over there and do it." (Y/n) sighed and wondered what she should do with this problem now.

"Mom... you know what, fine. I will ask him." (Y/n) facepalmed and her mom cheered from the other side.
'What did I get into? Why did I say anything that day?'

"Why is your face all red?" Anri raised her eyebrow as (Y/n) handed her the phone, face all red and a small glare on her face.
"I am fine." The girl huffed as Ego cleared his throat and looked at the two.
"We need to make now the announcement about the training, did you read your papers through?" Ego asked and (Y/n) nodded her head.
"Yeah! I did!" The girl answered, walking towards the desk as the cameras turned on, the screen showing Team Z's room.

"Good morning, unpolished gems."
"Finally! Are we starting the 2nd selection round now?!" A grumpy voice was heard and (Y/n) rolled her eyes.
'Raichi, the ever so kind sunshine.'
"Hold it, I never said you guys will start the 2nd selection round right after the first." Ego interrupted the blonde.
"What do you mean by that?!"
"Keep it down. There is a waiting period before the 2nd round begins. All of you will be undergoing some rigorous strength training. There are a few more wings that didn't finish the 1st selection round yet. Furthermore, during this period you guys won't be allowed to touch a football. If you break this rule, you will be expelled." Ego finished his explanation as he was playing with a football in front of them.

'Now he is just being mean.' (Y/n) thought.
"How long is this training going to last?" Iemon questioned.
"Gimme a break! Why do we have to wait for the results of other wings?!" Raichi yelled again and Ego sighed, clearly annoyed at his yelling.
"Don't get too cocky just because you managed to advance in the lowest-ranked wing. You will go until I say so, you pieces of garbage."
(Y/n) sweat dropped as Ego pointed at her.