Part 24

The week went smoothly until Chan received a phone call while they were in their small studio/closet. He answered the call: "Hello?"

A voice on the phone said: "Hi! I'm from JYP, my name is Jun. I'm calling with some good news; we've decided to offer you a position as our trainers. Could you please come to the office tomorrow? We'll have extensive discussions about everything, answer your questions, and provide you with contracts to review."

Chan froze.

Jun asked: "Hello? Are you still there? Was that too sudden?"

Chan replied: "Oh, it was just unexpected. Yes, we'll be there."

Jun responded: "Great! Please save my number. If everything goes smoothly, I'll be your supervisor during the training period. Feel free to call or text me with any questions."

Chan expressed gratitude: "Thank you!"

Changbin and Jisung had been sitting nearby and heard every word of Chan's conversation. After the call ended, Chan turned to them and asked: "Did you guys hear that?"

They nodded in agreement: "We did."

The three sat frozen, not moving for a while.

Changbin spoke up: "I'm so proud of us. Of course, we should wait to hear what they have to say. But I'm already really proud; we've done a great job."

Jisung added: "Yes, but I'm already worried about what they might propose. If they have strict rules or unfavorable contract conditions."

Chan suggested: "We'll decide how to handle that after we know more. We can always say no and continue doing what we're doing, or try to audition for another company."

Jisung agreed: "You're right."

Changbin asked: "I need some fresh air; do you guys want to go for a walk?"

His friends responded: "Sure, let's go."

As they walked, Jisung shared: "Guys, I've been messaging Minho every day. He's so nice, and I don't know what to do."

Changbin asked: "What do you mean?"

Jisung explained: "I don't know; it's kind of scary. Now I understand your feelings about a committed relationship. I feel like Minho is my other half, and we'll be together for life. But I'm only 18, you know, isn't that too fast?"

Chan responded: "There's no right answer. If it feels too fast for you, then it is. But tell me, if you were to stop communicating with him and cut him out of your life, how would you feel?"

Jisung admitted: "No, I can't do that. It would hurt me a lot."

Chan continued: "And if you cut him off and he started dating someone else? How would you feel?"

Jisung exclaimed: "Are you crazy!? Don't even say that out loud!"

Chan pointed out: "Do you see? Why think about cutting him off if you can't even imagine that?"

Jisung acknowledged: "I hadn't thought about it like that. Thank you."

Changbin teased: "You're so whipped, Jisung. It almost hurts to see how whipped you are."

Jisung retorted: "Don't be jealous mister 'I'm afraid of real relationships'."

They all laughed and continued walking.

—————————

The following day, Jun met them outside the JYPE building and led them inside to an office room. Several people, including JYP, were present. The guys bowed and took their seats at the table.