Part 39

It was almost 3 pm on Saturday, and Felix was eagerly preparing for his first weekend getaway with his boyfriend. He wanted to make it special. He had stocked up on delicious food and planned to take Changbin to his family's weekend house, located two and a half hours away from Seoul. The house was nestled in a serene spot right by the beach, offering the perfect escape from the city.

The vacation home was truly spectacular, boasting several bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen, a cozy living room with a fireplace, and a spacious terrace that offered stunning views of the sea. The terrace was Felix's favorite spot, featuring a small swimming pool, sun loungers, a grill, and a dining area. His mother had done an incredible job designing the house, utilizing natural materials to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Felix's family cherished the house and often spent time there when his parents still lived in Seoul. Nowadays, he and his sister occasionally enjoyed the space, and Felix had already informed his sister that the house was reserved for him this weekend. He had also called the property manager to ensure that the house was prepared for their visit.

Felix had kept the weekend plans a surprise for Changbin, only revealing that they would be going somewhere special. Just in case Changbin didn't fully grasp the situation, Felix had made sure to pack all of his essentials, including pajamas and a toothbrush, from his own place.

Now, Felix sat in his car, impatiently waiting for Changbin to arrive. The trunk was filled with food and supplies, and Felix didn't want to waste a single moment of their precious time together. Finally, the garage gate opened, and Changbin drove into and parked his car inside.

Felix rolled down the window and called out, "Hurry up and get in the car!"

Changbin replied, "Hello to you too," with a chuckle.

Leaving his car behind, Changbin settled into the passenger seat of Felix's car.

Felix apologized, "I'm sorry, I'm just really excited to spend the weekend with you." He then leaned over to Changbin for a kiss, which he happily reciprocated.

Felix announced, "Alright, we've got a two-and-a-half-hour drive ahead of us. Are you ready?"

Changbin complained, "I'm hungry."

Quickly, Felix grabbed a bag from the backseat filled with snacks and water and handed it to Changbin. "Is everything okay now?" he asked.

Changbin buckled up and replied, "You're such a tyrant, but let's go, I'm ready."

As Felix started to drive, Changbin inquired, "So, where are we going?"

Felix playfully responded, "Don't you like surprises?"

Changbin let out a sigh, "I do like surprises."

Felix reassured him, "Then don't ask. It's not anything super special, you know. I just want to spend time with you."

Over the next two hours, they chatted effortlessly about everything and anything, as they usually did. Their conversations covered a wide range of topics, from the mundane, like the weather and food, to more profound subjects, such as their future plans and the meaning of life. They felt completely at ease with one another, unafraid to share their thoughts and opinions, even if they seemed silly or trivial at times. This level of comfort and understanding allowed their conversations to flow naturally, with each topic blending seamlessly into the next, creating an atmosphere of genuine connection and trust between them.

After a while Felix announced, "We'll be there in about 10 minutes."

Changbin hesitated before saying, "Felix?"

Felix mumbled in response, waiting for him to continue.

Changbin took a deep breath and said, "I love you."