Part 35

Several days passed, and the group found themselves sitting in the school cafeteria. Seungmin suddenly asked, "Guys, I saw you near the school parking lot today. You were in a car. Did you get a car?"

Changbin shrugged, "Well, yeah. The company we work for gave us a car. It was just too much of a commute."

Seungmin raised his eyebrows, "Really? That's great! I heard you guys were spending an insane amount of time traveling to work."

Jeongin suddenly interjected, "You know what, guys? I'm a bit offended."

Chan looked surprised, "Why? What's wrong, Jeongin?"

Jeongin asked, "Are we friends?"

Chan reassured him, "Of course we are, Jeongin."

Jeongin challenged, "Then why haven't you told us where you work?"

Seungmin chimed in, "Yeah, Jisung! How dare you keep such a secret from your boyfriend?"

Minho quickly jumped in, "Who said I didn't know?"

Jeongin looked at him with shock, "You knew and didn't tell us?"

Minho just shrugged, "It's not my secret to tell. And honestly, there's nothing that interesting."

Jisung exclaimed, "Excuse me! Is that what you really think?"

Minho quickly corrected, "No, baby. I was just trying to shield you from their relentless curiosity."

Seungmin snorted, "Well, that didn't work. So where do you guys work?"

Felix intervened, "Guys, let them tell us when they're ready. That's what friends do."

Jeongin looked at Felix, "You've been acting pretty strange lately, Felix."

Seungmin added, "Don't mind him. We ARE friends, right? And friends trust each other, don't they?"

Chan and Jisung instinctively turned their gaze towards Changbin. It was his decision to keep their workplace a secret, especially considering Felix's situation. However, a lot had transpired since he made that decision, and perhaps his perspective had shifted as well?

Changbin took a moment to think, his eyes flickering with contemplation. Around the table, all their friends watched him in silence, aware that he was wrestling with a decision right at that moment. Changbin's gaze swept across each friend's face, lingering a tad bit longer on Felix, who returned his gaze with an encouraging smile.

And then, after what felt like an eternity, Changbin turned to Chan and gave a subtle nod. Instantaneously, the attention of the group swung towards Chan, their eyes glinting with anticipation.

Chan began, his voice steady and serious, "Alright, we've decided to share this with you. However, we need you to keep this information confidential. It's not meant to be widely known."

Felix, ever the joker, quipped, "What are you, secret agents? Why so secretive?"

Chan chuckled, "Not quite as dramatic. It's just that this information could potentially affect our work, and we'd rather not jeopardize our progress due to inadvertent leaks."

Jisung, bouncing slightly in his seat with excitement, chimed in, "So, do you promise to keep it a secret? Because I can hardly wait to spill the beans."

Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin nodded in agreement, their curiosity piqued.

Taking a deep breath, Chan revealed, "Well, we're currently training at JYP Entertainment. And if all goes according to plan, we'll debut as a group in a year or two."