Part 34

It was 6:30 when Changbin's alarm rang. He turned the alarm off and saw Felix lying on his arm, eyes open. Changbin said, "Good morning. Sorry about the alarm."

Felix replied, "That's okay, I slept well. Your arm is really comfortable and soft."

Changbin joked, "How dare you! My arm should be hard, I've spent so much time in the gym. And now you're telling me it's soft like a cushion?"

Felix laughed, "I like your arm. Let it be itself."

Changbin smiled, "Deal. I should get going."

Felix asked, "Don't you have time for breakfast?"

Changbin responded, "No, sorry. Next time we can wake up earlier and eat breakfast together."

Felix said, "Okay. Do you have five minutes? I want to show you something important."

Changbin agreed, "Okay, but you should get up now. I'll be out of the bathroom in five minutes."

Changbin got out of bed and went to the bathroom. After five minutes, they met in the living room, and Felix said, "I'm nervous to show you this after yesterday. You should know I'm not trying to push you. Okay?"

Changbin replied, "Okay, just show me already."

Felix led Changbin to the garage, where he pointed to a second car. It was a black Hyundai crossover that, while not overly fancy, still looked presentable.

Felix explained, "This used to be my sister's old car. She gave it to me, and I learned how to drive in it. I've kept it as a backup in case my main car breaks down. I recently checked it in the salon, everything is in perfect working order, and it has full insurance. And... and I want you to use it."

Changbin was shocked, "What?"

Felix continued, "Don't say no. Just wait, I haven't finished. I prepared a speech. Yeah... Don't think about yourself. Think about Jisung."

Changbin asked, "Why?"

Felix responded, "He's the youngest in your group, and you care for him. He's already exhausted from studying, working, and dating with Minho. He's trying to manage everything, but his school ranking is already slipping. You told me you spend about three or three and a half hours a day just commuting. With this car, you'll save two hours a day for him. He could sleep more, study more, or relax more. Anything is better than wasting his time on nothing."

Changbin remained silent.

Felix added, "And I don't need that car right now. It's just sitting here."

Changbin remarked, "You're a tempting devil."

Felix asked excitedly, "Does that mean yes? Really?"

Changbin responded, "How can you be so happy about giving me a car? Are you insane?"

Felix replied, "I'm just happy that you agreed. You did agree, right?"

Changbin hesitated, "I almost agree. But I want to know why you're doing this."

Felix explained, "There are many reasons. I want to help my friends, and I don't want my friends to have to leave Seoul. I believe you're extremely talented, and it would be almost criminal to let you move away from Seoul. Of course, I don't think I'll be saving you or anything like that. I just feel that if this can help you even a little, it's worth it for me. And, actually, the main reason is that I want you to have the time and energy to visit me more often. Those are my reasons!"

Changbin smiled, "Alright, and what do you mean by using your car?"

Felix clarified, "Just use it like it's your own car. If, hypothetically, I need it back, I'll let you know. But I don't see any reason for me to ask for it back, except maybe if my car breaks down. Do you agree?"