Part 26

Chan, Jisung, and Changbin have been JYP trainers for two weeks now, and they have been enjoying it a lot. They found the lessons interesting and informative, and they were warmly welcomed by the other trainers and experts. They even made some new friends and were especially close to Jackson, who was teaching them how to rap, and two music producers who were teaching them how to create music. However, there were some challenges that they were facing.

One major problem was managing their time. They struggled to manage their time and found themselves stretched thin. They had five training days per week, every day except Wednesday and Sunday. They woke up at 5:30 am to do their homework and left for school at 7:30 am. They attended classes till 2:30 pm, and right after school, they went to the training center.

The issue was that the training center wasn't in the JYP building, it was quite far, about 30 minutes by car. They didn't have a car, nor could they afford a taxi. Consequently, they had to use three different buses to get to the training center, which took them about one and a half hours after school and about two hours to return since the buses ran on a different schedule at night. 

Their studies were also being affected, and they were aware of it. Although it wasn't evident yet, they knew they had to find a solution. They tried to study during their free time between classes and on the bus, but it wasn't very productive. They only had one day off during the weekdays and they spent it studying. They also spent their Sunday studying as well. Despite the challenges, they were determined to keep up with their schedule.

Today, as usual, they returned after their training, walking from the bus station to their dorm and chatting.

As they were walking Changbin made a joke, "I think we should start looking for sponsors for some energy drinks, or we'll be asleep on our feet!"

Jisung and Chan nodded with tired smiles.

Then Chan asked, "Jisung, how is everything with Minho?"

Jisung replied, "He's really sweet, but now isn't the best time for me to start dating. I told him the reason, and he supports me, but I don't know how long he'll be so supportive. You know, I see him twice a week for a really short time. I can't even talk to him much at school. I think I'm a really bad boyfriend."

Changbin said, "But if he says it's okay, why are you overthinking it?"

Jisung admitted, "You're right. I just miss him sometimes and feel sorry that I can't spend more time with him."

Chan said, "That's okay. You two will manage, and it could make your relationship stronger."

Changbin added, "By the way, why don't you at least eat at school with him? I always see him in the cafeteria at the same time."

Jisung explained, "That's because of you. I want to eat with you since we talk about our stuff. I thought it would be awkward if we sat with Minho and his friends because of Felix."

Changbin responded, "You're overthinking again. I'm absolutely okay with that."

Chan asked, "Are you sure? Of course, you told us you didn't fall in love with Felix, but we could see that you liked him at least. And then he broke up with you by text. That must be uncomfortable."

Changbin replied, "Why is everyone overthinking! Maybe, just maybe, I liked him a bit because I'm not the type of person who can sleep with someone without at least a small emotional connection. And Felix does have some decent qualities. But I'm not a masochist. He treated me badly, and I have no reason to like him now. Besides, I don't have time to think about him. These days, I don't even know if he's at school or not; I haven't been looking for him and haven't seen him."

Changbin continued, "If you want us to sit at their table, that's fine. Just ask Minho not to mention our training at JYPE."

Jisung inquired, "Why?"