Part 32

The next day, 3racha went to school, and Chan said, "Changbin, why did you stay at Felix's place so long yesterday?"

Changbin said, "He just asked me to stay with him a bit."

Chan said, "Stay with him, huh? That's new."

Changbin said, "He said it's because we're friends now, and that makes sense."

Chan said, "You mean it's uncomfortable now for him to kick you out?"

Changbin said, "Yeah. And I actually tried to reject his offer. I thought it would look like a real relationship. But he said a hundred times that it's not, and we have no obligations or pressure, you know."

Jisung said, "And you agreed?"

Changbin laughed, "Actually, not at first. But after he mentioned he has a pool, a gym, a pool table, and karaoke at his place, I agreed."

Chan said, "You're kinda high-maintenance, you know."

Changbin said, "Yeah, I'm practically a sugar baby."

They all laughed a bit.

At lunch, they sat together as usual, and there wasn't any tension between them. They talked and joked with each other as usual, meeting each other's gaze without awkwardness. Just like normal friends. Changbin started to believe that there was nothing wrong, and it could be a comfortable friendship with benefits.

Minho asked, "Jisung, how's your studying going? I saw your school ranking is dropping. Is everything okay?"

Jisung sighed, "I wish. You know, if I'm not in the top 10, it could mean the end of my studying here."

Felix asked, "What? Why?"

Jisung explained, "I have a scholarship, just like Changbin and Chan. We're from less fortunate families, and this is a really good school. We can only study here because of the scholarships, which cover our dorm fees and tuition. If any of us falls below the top 10, we won't have the money to stay here. We'd have to change schools or move back to our villages and study there."

Chan added, "Or we could leave school and start working."

Felix said, shocked, "That's impossible! You guys are the top students in the school. You have bright futures ahead. You can't just leave school and start working."

Chan reassured him, "That's just one possible scenario. I'm sure we can handle it and stay in the top 10. Don't worry."

Felix turned to Changbin, almost in tears, "I told you so many stupid jokes about your finances. I was dumb. I'm so sorry."

Changbin said, "It's okay, Felix. I forgave you already."

Jisung apologized, "I'm sorry for bringing the mood down."

Seungmin said, "Don't you dare apologize for that. We're friends, and you HAVE to tell us things like this."

Jeongin declared, "You have to make a promise. If any of us falls below the top 10, that person has to tell the others. And they can't just move back to their village without informing the rest of us. Deal?"

Jisung responded quietly, "Deal."

Chan and Changbin nodded in agreement