Part 37

The following week, everyone except Felix gathered in the school cafeteria, sitting together as they ate and waited for their friend. Minho inquired, "Where's Felix?"

Jeongin chimed in, "Kai stopped him on our way here. He was asking about some projects, I think. But honestly, it seemed more like he was flirting with him."

Changbin's muscles tensed at the mention of flirting. "Flirting?"

Jeongin laughed, "Oh, don't worry. It's pretty typical for Felix. People are always flirting with him. He's just got that natural charm, you know?"

Seungmin nodded in agreement, "Exactly. Have you seen his DMs? They're full of messages telling him how pretty he is or even asking him out."

Minho added, "That's true. But Felix is loyal, so you really shouldn't worry."

Changbin reminded them, "Guys, we're not dating."

With a sly grin, Minho retorted, "Oh, in that case, you should definitely worry."

Everyone at the table burst into laughter, except for a slightly flustered Changbin.

Hyunjin pointed to the side and said, "Well, you definitely shouldn't worry. Looks like Felix is trying to escape from him."

Everyone's gaze followed the direction Hyunjin indicated, where they saw Felix hurriedly walking towards their table, followed by Kai. Felix wore an annoyed expression on his face, which caused Changbin to feel a bit more at ease.

Felix finally reached the table and took a seat. Kai, still following, brazenly announced, "Hi guys, I'm Felix's future boyfriend."

The group exchanged amused glances, impressed by Kai's audacious confidence.

Felix, however, was unamused. "Kai, don't make a fool of yourself. I already told you, I'm not interested."

Kai persisted, "But you don't have a boyfriend, right?"

Frustrated, Felix snapped, "I don't know how that's relevant. Whether I have someone or not, I can still say no to you."

Kai tried to defuse the situation, "Chill, Felix. I'm just asking you to give me a chance."

Felix remained resolute, "Still no. Goodbye."

Kai sighed, "Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you."

Felix simply nodded at him before turning back to his friends. With that, Kai finally took his leave.

Chan commented, "You were pretty harsh on him."

Felix defended himself, "He declared himself as my future boyfriend in front of my friends, even after I repeatedly said no to giving him my number."

Felix was uncertain about how Changbin would react to Kai's advances. He worried that Changbin might think he had given Kai some hope when he hadn't. Of course, there was a possibility that Changbin could get jealous and finally make a move toward Felix, but Felix was strongly against using this type of manipulation.

First and foremost, it raised ethical concerns. Manipulating someone's feelings and actions was simply not right. Secondly, the outcome of such manipulation was unpredictable. It could backfire, leading Changbin to question Felix's loyalty and commitment. If that happened, Changbin might not take him seriously in the future because of it.

Felix believed in building a relationship based on honesty and genuine feelings, rather than resorting to manipulative tactics. He decided to trust that if things were meant to progress between him and Changbin, they would do so without resorting to deception or trickery.