Everyone has insecurities.

Once-ler planned to come over Friday for dinner. He packed some clothes in case he stayed over. I noticed the extra bag in the morning when he came in. He set the bag at his feet. I shut my locker and looked at him. His face was turning red.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Is that bag for tonight?" I grinned.

"Well, in case it gets late..."

I burst out laughing as he stuffed the bag into his locker. He rolled his eyes knowing I was giving him a hard time. My mom didn't care if he stayed over. And he knew I didn't care. We headed toward homeroom. On the way we passed by Maya. She sent a nasty glare in my direction, but I gladly returned it. Oncie pulled me closer to him; leading me into the room. We sat down in our seats. Connor asked if we were still gonna hang out after school.

"Yeah, definitely," I said.

"She's my ride, so yeah," Once-ler nodded at me.

"What if Maya shows up?"

"What if she does?" my eye twitched slightly, "as long as she doesn't start any fights, I don't care."

I was lying, of course. If Maya showed up I wouldn't be okay with that. Especially since she had been vying desperately for his attention. That didn't bother me too much. I knew Oncie liked me and not her; but she was doing it intentionally to get a rise out of me. Still it was really bothering me that she wouldn't talk to me about what happened. Oncie and Connor were going on about something. I tapped my fingers against my cheek as I feigned interest in what they were saying. The bell rang as I picked up my things. Oncie noticed my mood and grabbed my hand outside of the room. He pulled me into him.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You seem off."

"Oh sorry, I didn't sleep very well. And I'm growing rather annoyed with Maya."

"She still hasn't said anything to you?"

"Not a word."

He kissed my forehead gently. I leaned up to kiss him on the lips. There wasn't much time left before class. I took off running to class. When I turned the corner I bumped into Maya. She took a few steps back.

"Sorry," I said out of habit, "oh, it's you."

"Fleur," she hissed.

"Excuse me, I have to get to class."

"I wonder. Why exactly did you move here?"

"What?"

My heart was pounding in my chest. No one was supposed to talk about that from my old school. There were legal documents and everything. The bullying from my old school got so bad that legal measures had to be taken. I looked over at her with a calm exterior.

"I live with my mom and she came here for work. You do the math."

"I've been trying to. The position that she took here was a fair bit less in income."

She had a smile on her face. Was she seriously trying to find out my past? I knew she was trying to get a rise out of me. My eyes narrowed at her. How would she even find this information out?

"I don't know what you are up to, but I don't believe this is any of your business."

"I was just curious," she smirked.

She turned the corner and disappeared in the lingering crowd. My heart was racing, my face felt like it was on fire. I was beyond pissed with her, but I couldn't relax. Any conversations about that sent me into panic mode. Especially since I hadn't mentioned a word about this to her. The bell rang as I slumped against the lockers behind me. I felt tears suddenly pouring down my face. Not here, I can't have this happen here. I buried my face into my arms. It was a few minutes before the worst passed. I got myself off the ground and walked to the nurse's office. The room was empty when I walked in. She looked at me for a moment before leading me into a room to lay down. She left the room and returned with a folder. I had curled up on the bed still calming down from the attack.