The Secret Meeting.

"How much longer until you get here?" Maya huffed.

"Just a few more minutes," Bret said into the phone, "this would have been faster if you picked me up."

"Well, sorry. Just hurry up."

Maya sat in a cafe in town. She picked a table in the back, where it was less crowded. It was another ten minutes before Bret showed up. His eyes scanned the cafe for her. She waved at him. He ordered a coffee before sitting down with her.

"Where is it?" she asked.

"What do I get for this?"

"What do you want for it?"

"This is very interesting information. I don't know if money will cut it."

"What do you want then?"

"I want them both to hurt really bad. I want them to be miserable. This year was supposed to be our best year of high school. And now Oncie is more popular than me, it's because of her."

"Trust me, I have the same thing in mind."

A waitress brought a coffee to Bret. He shoved money at her hand and told her to get lost. She shot him a glare and stormed away. He pulled the folded piece of paper from his pocket and slid it on the table to Maya. She unfolded the paper. After reading the headline she looked at Bret. He was taking a sip of his drink; he moved his fingers in a circular motion toward her. Telling her to continue reading the article. Her eyes moved quickly over the words. She finished it and set it on the table.

"I couldn't make this stuff up," she laughed.

"I told you it was good."

"Come on and finish that drink."

"Where are we going?"

"The town is only about an hour and a half away. Let's see if we can't find out a bit more about this."

It was late the next morning when I woke up. I looked over to see Fleur curled up next to me. I gave her a shake, but she just grumbled and swatted me away. My arms wrapped around her as she rolled over to look at me.

"Morning," I said.

She yawned and buried her head into my chest. I ran my hands through her hair softly. After a few minutes longer she started to wake up a bit more.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"Not sure."

She picked up her phone and sat up. It was nearly one in the afternoon. She yawned again before looking at me.

"I can't remember the last time I slept so well," she said.

I laughed at this comment. She looked over at me, but her saying that made me feel really good about my performance last night. She gave me a shove with a laugh. I watched her figure slide from beneath the covers. She walked over to the door of the bathroom.

"I'll be in the shower if you need anything," she gave me a wink.

It actually took a minute for me to get what she was implying. I ran into the bathroom after her. The door shut and locked behind me. After we finished our shower I offered to make some breakfast. This was the first time I cooked for her so I made my specialty.

"Pancakes?" she laughed.

"Yes, that's my specialty."

"Okay, they better be amazing."

"Oh they will be!"

I mixed together the batter. She leaned on the counter watching each thing I added. I poured the batter on to the pan and waited a few minutes. I thought she'd be impressed if I flipped the pancake using just the pan. Usually I had no problem, but I missed as half the pancake landed on the floor. Fleur burst out laughing. I frowned and quickly cleaned up the mess. I decided to not try to impress her with the next one. We split some of the pancakes on plates. She grabbed butter and syrup from the fridge. We sat on the couch in the living room. She turned on the tv before sinking back into seat. She took a bite of the pancakes and gave me a thumbs up.