A Present for Fleur.

My mom came down to the nurses office. She immediately looked over at the two of us. Once-ler looked over, but I kept my eyes fixated on the ground. This whole situation felt surreal. I never expected her to snap like this. My hand touched my neck it still felt like her hands were still there. All this because Once-ler liked me and not her? My mom started snapping her fingers in my line of view.

"Earth to Fleur," she said.

"Ah, s-sorry. What's going on?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What happened?"

"She was taken somewhere she'll get help."

"Why would she do that?" I asked.

"I can't tell you, but her parents reluctantly apologized for what she did."

"Well we probably need to get back to our classes."

"You're okay with that?" Once-ler asked.

"What else are we going to do? I can't sit here wondering why these things happened. That won't fix anything."

"Are you okay?" mom asked.

"Yeah, just surprised how everything panned out."

"How's your arm?"

"It hurts."

"Let me take a look," she said, pulling the bandages off carefully.

She frowned as she poked around on the skin. I winced slightly as she put bandages back on. She wouldn't be able to restitch it until we got home. Apparently we were excused for the rest of the day. I didn't really wanna go home, but I didn't want to stay here either. Once-ler and I packed our things up and headed out to the car. My mom would be heading to the house before going to work. I got in the car waiting for Once-ler to get in. He sat down in the passenger seat and looked over at me.

"You're alright, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I know I shouldn't, but it feels like my fault."

"It's not because either of us. She's really sick."

"Once," I paused.

"What is it?" he asked after a few moments of silence.

"Will you stay with me tonight?"

"Of course, is everything really okay?"

"It would just be the first time since, you know, that I would be alone. I don't think I'd do anything, but I don't wanna be alone."

"Okay, I'll stay over."

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

I really didn't want to be alone with my thoughts right now. It wasn't like I felt like I'd try again. I just didn't want to feel empty like I have been and be alone. I drove home and said nothing to him; I mean, there wasn't much else to say. In a few minutes we were pulling into my driveway. My mom was waiting there for us. She had things ready to restitch my arm. The only downside is we didn't have the good type of numbing medicine at home. The stuff we had did numb it a bit, but not enough I didn't feel it. Once-ler held my free hand trying to comfort me. Although I think I hurt his hand at one point. I squeezed really hard when pain rushed deeply through my arm. He yelped and I quickly apologized. My mom left for work, leaving money in case we wanted to order dinner.

"So what do you wanna do tonight?" he asked.

"I have so much homework to catch up on," I sighed.

"Well, I can help out a bit."

"Okay here," I said digging through my backpack, "you can do this."