Frustration and Decisions.

After we both agreed not to talk about what was going to happen in the near future, both of us said nothing to each other. Fleur buried her face into my leg, but it didn't seem like she as crying. What is wrong with me? Once-ler, master of painfully awkward conversations. I shouldn't have said that. Especially last night. We hadn't seen each other in months and I tell her I'm going away forever. The fire went out sometime after we both fell asleep. It didn't feel like long until I felt Fleur sit up and off of me. My eyes fought to open as I yawned, getting sand in my mouth. Quickly, I sat up and spit it out; my hand brushed the sand from my face. I looked over half expecting her to laugh. But she didn't and I think what I said was the real reason she didn't genuinely smile for the rest of the weekend. Her gaze held over the ocean.

"Fleur, you okay?" I asked.

"Oh, you're awake? Good morning," she said forcing herself to smile.

"I'm not an idiot, Fleur."

"Yes you are."

"What?"

"Why did you say that? Why would you say that? It's not fair."

"Well, I didn't plan on meeting you."

"What does that mean?"

Good job, idiot. Now she's actually mad.

"Nothing! It doesn't mean anything," I started.

"So, I don't mean anything?" she interrupted.

"What? No! I never said that!"

"Then what are you saying?"

"Ok, I can tell you're mad. Just let me say-"

"Mad? I'm not mad."

I always thought it was a joke when people said you couldn't win an argument with a woman. But I just couldn't keep up with her. It was as if everything I said made things worse. We never really fought before. Even with everything that happened with us. I sighed as she pulled her knees into her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Okay all I had to do was be honest and not say anything stupid. And I'd be in the clear, right?

"Fleur, listen. I didn't mean those things in a bad way. It's just you weren't supposed to come into my life, I hadn't expected you," I held up my finger quickly to tell her I had more to say, "but you know, I'm glad you did. Before you all I could think about was leaving. Now I can only think about being with you."

"Really?" she sniffled.

"You know I'm not trying to hurt you. There's something about you that makes me say stupid things, even after this long."

"Kinda like how we shouldn't be around stairs?" she let out a laugh suddenly.

"Exactly. I wasn't telling you that because I want to leave you. It's the complete opposite. I hated being away from you. I missed you every morning. I missed your smile, your laugh, and a few other things that if I say out loud might just ruin this beautiful moment."

She looked over at me. Her face was wet. I scooted over to her and wiped the tears away from her eyes. The sun was getting close to the horizon, it gave enough light to see the rosy color filling her cheeks.

"You can come with me," I said.

"To where?" she asked.

"Well, I'm not sure yet."

"So, I should go with you?"

"Yes."

"To somewhere?"