Unraveled.

The rest of the day I continued to receive looks and murmurs from everyone I walked past.  Except Connor, he stopped after I explained everything to him.  The end of the day arrived quickly and I was thankful for that.  When I got outside Fleur's mom was waiting outside to take me to see her.  Connor caught up to me outside before I got in the car.

"Hey, Once-ler, are you going to see Fleur?" he asked.

"Uhm, yeah, why?" I answered.

"I wanna see her too."

"Er, one second."

I dialed the number for Fleur's room.  She answered rather fast.  I wanted to see how she felt about Connor coming over.  She paused for a moment before agreeing to him seeing her.  Fleur said she was going to have to come to terms with what she did, no matter how difficult it might be.  I hung up the phone.  Connor looked at me kind of perplexed.  I opened the passenger side door to the car.

"Is it okay if Connor gets a ride with us?  Fleur said it's okay," I said.

"If she's okay with it I am, hop in," she said.

He jumped in the backseat.  None of us spoke much on the ride over.   Connor perked his head up as we pulled into the parking lot for the hospital.  Now he had never been to Fleur's house, but at this time he realized something might have been wrong.

"Why are we here?" he asked cautiously.

"She can tell you," I sighed.

The car parked as we all got out.  Connor trailed a little behind us as we walked into the hospital.  We were just outside her room when he grabbed my arm.

"Once, I'm really freaked out right now?  Do I want to see her?"

"It's not that bad."

I walked into the room, Fleur smiled at me.  She looked past me as if expecting to see Connor.

"He decide not to come?" she asked.

"N-no, I'm here," he responded, walking into the room.

"Hey," she smiled brightly at him.

He immediately noticed the bandages on her wrists.  Fleur tried to explain what had happened.  Connor sat down in a chair next to her.  He listened to what she was saying.  Fleur was silent for a few moments.

"Why wouldn't you have called someone?  Why did you do this?" Connor asked.

"I-I don't know.  I was really scared that things would go like they did last time.  I saw no hope of anyone understanding."

"That was really selfish of you."

"Connor," I said.

"No, he's right.  I didn't think about anyone else.  I'm sorry for that," she frowned.

"I'll let it slide just this once," Connor smirked, "try it again and you're in trouble."

"Oh, she knows better," her mom said with a dirty glare.

"H-hey guys, don't be so mean," she looked to me hopefully.

"I'm with them on this one," I said.

"You too?  I already feel bad enough."

"Sorry, I don't wanna see you like that again," I admitted.

"I know, I know."

"So, when are you coming back to school?" Connor asked.

"Hopefully before the end of the week, I don't wanna miss too much."

"Are you okay with that?" I asked.