chapter 29

Lee's POV:

I take the glass of water for Ryan the next day. I am determined to speak to him about the mistake. I know she is still mad at me for the way I spoke. She hasn't acknowledged it in any way but her actions make it very clear.

She doesn't speak to me like she used to. And it is high time I apologize. After everything with Ryan and the company, she is completely exhausted when she comes home. I feel so bad for doing what I did. She did not deserve that.

I get in the room and he is already awake, in his washroom.

"You are up! Walking!! Feeling alright?"

"Yeah yeah great actually."

"She was here last night wasn't she.. Forgive you?"

"Oh no no. She just wanted to relax."

"So um i wanted to talk to you about another thing. ( he nodded and i handed him the glass with pills from his drawer)

So the thing is, the day you got punished.. I kind of umm.."

"You what?"

"Well, I was pretty shocked looking at you and the way she, you know"

"Yeah obviously.. I mean you never saw this side of her.. I imagine it was scary for you"

"YES! It was. It was pretty scary and I was kind of scared of her. So um I kind of back answered her. And now I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean back answered?"

"I .. um okay, I was so scared, and I came in to see you all covered in blood and scars. I was scared of her. I look a few steps back, I don't know if it was intentional or not but.. She told me not to be afraid of her and I said somethings on the lines of - if I don't listen to her soon I'll be half dead like you were.

Then she stormed out of the room."

"Wha-"

"Yeah she was really angry at me. But I don't know why she didn't say a word. She was so angry that she dug her nails in her palms and she was bleeding.

I don't know what to do Ryan.. She hasn't talked to me properly after that and I have no guts to do this alone. I need advice. How do I approach her? What should I say? "

"Um well, how do you feel about it?"

"What do you mean, I feel horrible. It's been four days and I'm just trying ways of apologizing. But she goes off early, comes home late. She doesn't really talk to me anymore. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. I feel horrible."

"Well then. Tell her his. Tell her exactly how you are feeling. It is possible that she might not let you speak at first. Maybe hit you, insult you, but you have to realize that you deserve that."

"Yeah I do. But then she will let me speak right? Let me apologize? Am I going to get punished really badly?"

"That I don't know... but you have to put up with everything that you deserve after you hurt her. That is how we survive"

"Mm yeah thanks"

Now that I realize, he is right. I should have done this a long time ago. I shouldn't be afraid of her. 'Take everything you deserve.'

-time skip-

It's 12: 30 in the night. I'm still sitting at the door waiting for her. I know she will be very tired, and sleepy. But I have to do this. I can't live in this anticipation of what she is going to do to me for long.

After what seems like forever I hear the keys jingling outside. She opened the door and saw me kneeling.

"Keep this in the fridge." a plastic bag falls with a thud near my knees. As I go and keep the bed in the fridge she sits on the couch, removing one of her heels and massaging her feet.