Prologue

Buzzing.

It was everywhere, in my head and all around me. I wanted to focus my hearing on one solid thing, but I couldn't. I slowly opened my eyes with only the bright colors of orange and red bleeding together, blinding me. I grunted in pain with any slight movement I made with my torso, as I attempted to sit up from the position, I was lying down in but to no avail.

Where am I? thinking to myself as I looked around squinting, not registering the unfamiliar location I seemed to be situated in. I dug through my memories trying to recollect any form of idea or memory as to why I was in this drab, stone cold ...cave? I shook my head, rubbing my hand down my face as my hearing started to pick up on someone...Screaming? Crying? I couldn't tell just yet. All I remember were just some Inferi and ... the Inferi! I shot up into a sitting position and paid the price over it as I doubled over in the immense rush of pain that shot up my spine and my chest, knocking the air out of me.

"Y/N!" I jumped startled, whipping my head around looking for that muffled sound came from, it almost sounded like my name. That's when I started to notice the chaos that unfolded in front of me. Realization struck the current situation that we had found ourselves in.
I was in the catacombs, with Ominis and Sebastian.
I left them alone fending for themselves while I was unconscious.

How long have I been unconscious???

"Ominis" I yelled frantically, whipping my head around trying to find him.
"Merlin," Ominis breathed a sigh of relief as his face came into view "I thought you were gone for a minute there. No amount of yelling seemed to shake you awake."
"Well I'm awake now, and I can definitely feel why I was knocked out" I responded back sarcastically while trying to grasp hold of his hand to stand back up.
"Here, you're too injured to try walking right now," kneeling, he reached behind my knees and my lower back and lifted me off the ground. I didn't have it in me to argue against his help. He carried me to the far opposite side of the catacombs and set me down gently.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so weak and left you to fend for yourself against the - "
"Stop" Ominis interjected curtly before I could finish my sentence "You were attacked by a confringo spell from Solomon. You flew back and hit the catacomb wall behind you knocking you unconscious," he said worryingly as he looked in my general location as his misty grey eyes set on mine.

"Don't worry both Sebastian and I fended off the last of the Inferi, it's just Sebastian right now against Solomon battling but ..." Ominis turned his head back to where the most commotion was occurring, precisely where Sebastian and his uncle were dueling with one another. "I have to stop Sebastian before he does anything drastic, he uses and abuses the dark arts more than the both of us combined," he chuckled under his breath as I gave his robe a pull, scowling at him.
"Now is not the time for jokes Ominis, we have to stop them!"
"I will stop them, you stay put," he looked at me sternly, as he rubbed the back of my head softly which was tender from my injury, before getting up and walking towards the commotion.
I stood up slowly, attempting to catch up with Ominis against his instructions when I saw a bright green flash from Sebastian's wand. That's when we both rigidly froze as soon as the first syllables were recited "AVADA-"
"Sebastian..." Ominis whispered as if he knew what was to come after the scene that unfolded in the catacombs changed all of us in that room for the better or worse.