Chapter 19: Dreams

TW: Sexual Content

Sebastian's POV:

I stared at our late uncle's cottage; it had seen countless days neither good nor bad but enough for decent memories to spring in the back of my mind as I tore my eyes away from the worn house, as the view turned to painful to bear.  I pocketed my hands in the toughened woolen fibers of the stolen black coat I tore off a corpse while the ministry was on my tail, fending for myself, alone. I strode towards the grave and crouched in front as I placed my hand on the tombstone sitting in solemn silence. No matter how many times I could apologize it wouldn't matter, the deed was done, and this was the life I had succumbed to base on my own consequences.

"I've come to visit Anne and in case you were wondering she's doing fine as always. I wish you were here to keep her company...the dog I brought does more harm than good for the constant messes he forces her to clean up," I heard soft footsteps pacing towards me from the newly wet grass crunching beneath her feet. "I'll come back soon Uncle Solomon." I rose continuing to stare at the makeshift tomb my poor sister made at the young age of 15 distraught from the events that had occurred, I should have been here instead of him. Though in a way, I had dug my own grave, in the land of the living and it was so much worse.

I dug the tip of my black tattered shoes into the ground as the moonlight slowly illuminated where I stood, casting the elongated dark shadow reflecting my own mind. Soft footsteps slowly became louder from behind as I directed my attention toward the brilliance orb that reflected its white glow over Feldcroft. The only form of luminance I received since straying away from the rays of the day, shrouded in the friendly company of the obscure darkness and twilight of the forbidden forest.

"Seb here is some food to take out on the road before you leave," Anne forced a smile in her tone as the light footsteps halted behind me.

"Thank you, Anne," I pivoted only to be met with her sulking face "You don't have to force being happy no one could be in our situation." I pursed my lips at my sister, only a foot shorter than me and paler since the last month I saw her. She tightened her dark moss green shawl over her frail frame and hung her head as she grabbed the scarred hand that encountered the countless years of doing skeptical work to make a living with employers that could be dreamt of in nightmares.

"Why can't you stay?"

"I'd be putting you at risk, you've already been through enough for one lifetime Annie."

"You know I hate it when you call me that," Anne murmured as I clasped her frail hands pulling towards me in a somber embrace. Nuzzling my chin on the crown of her head I whispered softly as she clung to the god-forsaken cloak.

"All the more reason to continue teasing my favorite sibling."

"I'm your only sibling, so please stay Seb. I know that we barely began repairing our relationship the year before, but since you've come back why can't you just settle here?"

"I'm sorry, you know I'm at risk staying here with you. Especially since multiple retired Aurors live down the road, I must leave it's for the best."

"Y/N is an Auror and you trust her."

"She's different than the rest," I mumbled under my breath as a small smile pulled at the edge of my lips at just the thought of her. She was always different...the most extraordinary different. 

"You know I must stay hidden. That's the only way I can keep visiting and not be thrown to Azkaban," I pulled on the tips of her cold ear as she glowered at me "You know I'm right."

"I know..."

"I'll see you and Uncle Solomon next month Anne, promise." I squeezed her shoulder, snagging the treacle treat from her hand and giving her the biggest grin that I could manage to put her at ease...even though it was I who had the inner turmoil with this life I had to endure.