Chapter 18: Bound by a Word

TW: Acts of Violence; Torture.

Garreth POV:

Black.

Black encircled my surrounding in utter stillness, the only sound emitted within close distance was the heavy muffled pants from myself and the fickle ping of droplets that fell from the ceiling.

A moldy scent seeped through into the cellar as I rested my head on the cracked stone-cold floor. Time escaped me with exactly how long I've been bound here. The only awareness that I had was when I was bounded here. It was a ploddingly Tuesday when the brute entered my shop.

He came in as any other customer, I noticed that he looked almost identical to someone I knew. But his eyes ... they were a piercing cold blue not hazy as Ominis. Paying no heed to the warning bells that went off in my brain, I guided him toward the invisibility and Polyjuice. Upselling and bragging how ours were the best throughout the Highlands.

Foolish.

He wanted to try the product before buying. Sales were slow that day so I agreed almost immediately.

Idiot.

He asked me to take a strand of my hair and mix it with the Polyjuice to activate the contents. I gladly plucked a thread and handed it over, excited to see an identical mirrored image of myself.

"My, this is spectacular! Exactly how long does this last Garreth?"

"About 2 days! I've perfected it that if you take two at once the effects double!"

"Interesting. I guess my brother was wrong about you. You are ... quite annoying,"

"Excuse me?"

I walked up to myself as my smile turned into a grin filled with perfect ivory-white predacious teeth. The last thing I remember is attempting to run for help as I was casted by a curse that I prayed to never feel again.

"Don't run Garreth! I was just teasing, come back!" The loathsome stranger called out to me as I ran to the back of the store looking for my batch of Edurus potions.

"Tch, tch, tch. You know I quite hate chasing low lives."

"Why don't you look in the mirror." I spat as I stared at myself smirking in irritation.

" I really didn't feel like using this spell today."

"Neither did I." I popped the cork off the bottle and chugged the contents down my throat. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and glared at him with a devious smile.

"This isn't just any Edurus potion, it's one that turns your body into rock-hard Corundum."

He clapped his hands and chuckled in amazement as he stared at my body slowly turning from flesh to stone.

"My, my, you are a master of potions and drinks alike but... might a give a small tip from myself to well ... myself."

My eyes narrowed into slits as the potion slowly made it's way up from my legs to my torso.

"The only thing I would twinge is allowing it to have a quicker transformation, gives anyone the chance to cast a spell in between shifting."

He lifted his pure African Blackwood towards me as he sneered in amusement at the horror that painted my face.

"Crucio."

When I awoke, I was bound in the cellar of my store and felt a chilling breeze penetrate right through me. I squinted down to peer at what I was wearing only to find myself in my underwear, vulnerable to the crisp air that trickled from the storage chamber.