Chapter 17: Proditor In Nobis

TW: Some forms of Violence

There will be now some TW added as we dwell more into the story, if some of the TW makes you uncomfortable please skip.

MC POV:

"What do you mean? It's too soon, I'm not done preparing Stitches and Draught along with Penny and Fastidio..." I trailed off as I stared at Ominis as he stared in the direction where I stood with sadden-glazed eyes. I strode towards him and softly tugged on his arm. I grasped his arm as it flexed beneath the wool of his overcoat as he crossed his arms, only causing them to tense harder. My eyebrows flicked up in surprise that his arms were not as wiry as they seemed.

"Didn't you send the letter to Pansy?" Ominis only offered a stiff nod as he clasped my shoulder and squeezed as a sign of reassurance. I subtly smiled and patted his hand that rested on my thin arms and distanced myself before I grew dizzy from his scent.

"Then I guess it is time for the second part of the plan, but how are we to accomplish it in such a short window." Bending my knees, I gathered my striped linen skirt in a bunch as I sat on the steps. Sighing I snuck a glimpse at Ominis from the corner of my eye as I pulled on the short curls that had begun adhering to my neck due to the perspiration that had begun to accumulate from the apprehension.

Settling down dangerously close to where I idled with my ring. Ominis made small strokes to his band that matched mine, as my heart accelerate unwillingly to his proximity.

"We must revise our plan. Garreth's potions at his shop are the most powerful while also having a prolonged period of effectiveness. It's the only potion that I'm currently aware of in the highlands where its user could use it for days at a time." Ominis leaned forward and rested his elongated arms on the points of his knees which made him look like an acromantala with just how tall he had become since we attended school with one another. "We must always stay with each other, when possible, we won't know where he is or who he could be."

"Gallopin' gorgons!" Garreth moaned in annoyance in the distance, as he paced up and down the gravel. "Will someone tell me what is happening? I see your brother and suddenly you have this scheme that you've both been planning?"

I rose from where I sat, brushing off the non-existent debris that had fallen on my lap, and made my way to the wooden oak door behind.

"With all due respect Garreth, but you did just stab your wand into Ominis's chest for him just stating that we're married, which he did disclose to you personally."

"Right but-"

"Should we fill him in? If he notices anything suspicious it may assist us." I deliberated with Ominis as he just smiled softly with an inconspicuous nod.

"Come inside Garreth."
------

"The conversation had occurred subsequently a few days after our espousal to one another." Verdant vines peered back at me as I traced the intertwined greenery that tangled and snarled on the edge of the ivory-white China, with my half-bitten nail before I turned my full attention to the men that sat on either side of me and completed our geometrical shape.

"As you know, the purpose of the matrimony was to veer off any consistent advances from the Gaunts in forcing Ominis to wed a somewhat unfavorable pure-blood in order to upkeep his status." I glanced up at Garreth to ensure that he was following before divulging further. "At first, we had considered sending a letter, stating that he had already wed. With the revelation that he married a muggle-born. Along the added inclusion that I do not own a single dowry or inheritance to my name."