7 - The Pervert

TW: Please don't read if you are triggered by Dobby and Molly hate. You've had your warning.

*****

As much as I love returning to my cousin, I do not love being back at the mercy of my evil aunt and uncle.

There are now bars on my bedroom window, making it feel even more like a prison than the cupboard under the stairs. I am locked all day in my room, with the key kept firmly on Uncle Vernon so that Dudley can no longer visit me at night.

Every night, I cry myself to sleep, wondering if I had dreamt the entirety of the last year. No one writes, no one even cares.

But I do have Hedwig, even though her cage is padlocked thanks to my uncle. So she hates me too, thinking I am doing this on purpose.

"We're both locked up," I whisper as she turns her back on me yet again, "it's not just you."

My thirteenth birthday comes and goes without any celebration. The only indication that it is a special day is when I hear Dudley knock softly on my door.

"Happy birthday, Harri," he whispers. I cry.

It hasn't been this way all summer. At first, it was fine - just the usual amount of being ignored as though I don't exist. I still had a bit of freedom. And my cousin.

But then one hot July night, I had a visitor. A visitor who screwed everything up for me.

Fucking Dobby.

*****

In a strange move, I am saved by Ron and his twin brothers in a flying car.

I do not get a very warm greeting from his mother, though.

Molly eyes me with disdain, muttering that my parents will be rolling in their graves about having a Slytherin child. Bitch.

"But she has no where else to go!" Ron pleads on my behalf. "They had locked her up!"

"That's what Muggles do with their houses!" Molly spits. "It's a basic security measure to ensure they don't get burgled!"

She reluctantly lets me stay for some breakfast. I do wonder if she thinks of me as a stuck up prejudiced git like Draco, but I can't see how. She knows I was raised by Muggles, and she knows that my parents were both Gryffindors. Does having a Slytherin in her house really affect her that much?

"Well, you may as well come with us to Diagon Alley," Molly mutters as she passes me a flowerpot full of dirt. "Guests first."

I look from the flowerpot to Molly, then back to the flowerpot, feeling perplexed.

Suddenly Fred or George is by my side, reaching into the flowerpot to grab a handful of dirt.

"She's been brought up by Muggles, Mum," he sighs before turning back to me with a kind smile upon his lips. "This is called Floo Powder. Watch."

Going over to the fireplace, he throws the handful of powder into the flames and then steps into them!

"Diagon Alley!" He yells, instead of screaming in agony. And then he is gone.

Brilliant. I can do that, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

"Diagonelly!"

Bugger.

*****

I find myself in a shop full of cool artefacts.

As I'm the only one here, I decide to take a look around whilst I wait for someone to inevitably come and rescue me.