28 - The Spice Girl

TW: this chapter contains a sexually explicit scene

*****

"SHE GOT OFF! SHE GOT OFF!"

There is celebration in twelve Grimmauld Place tonight as an impromptu party is held in my honour for not getting expelled after all.

The Hearing was weird, but fine, with good results.

Dumbledore saved me I guess, but he refused to look at me as he swept out of the Hearing like the drama queen he is.

Even Molly celebrates, accepting the glass of wine George offers her. As soon as she finishes it, I notice George topping up her glass, throwing me a wink as he does so.

"This is your plan?" I mutter out of the corner of my mouth to Fred. "To get your mother so wasted that she won't notice us sneaking off?"

"Pretty much," Fred grins wickedly, "not that she needs much encouragement."

I spend the evening eating and talking to the others, the whole time with my mind on later. I am yearning to be with Fred so much so that I am scarcely able to concentrate on anything else.

"You seem a million miles away," Sirius observes as he waves a plate of sausage rolls under my nose. "Is this due to a certain red headed twin?"

I feel my face instantly heat, and I drop the sausage roll I had just helped myself to.

"I knew it," Sirius smirks. "I see the way you look at him with dewy eyes. It's how your mother used to look at James. They were so in love it would have been sickening if I weren't so happy for them."

My cheeks flame further. "I don't know what you're talking about," I say unconvincingly. My eyes dart over to Fred who is chuckling at something Lupin just said.

Sirius gives a hearty laugh, slapping a hand down heavily on my shoulder that I nearly topple over. "Merlin! Molly must be blind as a bat not to notice what is going between you two. I say go for it you lovebirds. Hell, I wish I could be your age again."

"I don't think Molly approves of me very much," I say heavily. "If she finds out about us, she will definitely chuck me out."

Sirius' eyes darken."This is my house, remember? And eventually will be yours one day. She has no right to kick you out of here. For fuck's sake, you and Fred are both old enough to do what it is you clearly want to do."

God, this is so embarrassing. I don't need my godfather cheerleading on my sex life.

"Just-" Sirius says as clearly a thought crosses his mind, "make sure- you know... that two becomes one, and not three."

Oh good God, now he is quoting Spice Girl lyrics at me.

I try and escape before he tells me to be a little bit wiser and put it on, put it on.

Hell, I don't even know if Fred is even that prepared. I know I'm not.

"I've got some spare in my bedside cabinet if you need them!" Sirius calls over to Fred, lifting up his bottle of beer to him. "Not like I got any bloody use for them anymore."

At this, Fred glances up, his curious eyes darting from me to Sirius.

I want to die right there and right then. Come get me Voldemort, because at this point I won't fight back.

I nervously glance in Molly's direction to see if she may have heard, but luckily she is too busy drunkenly doing the hokey cokey with Tonks and Moody to have noticed.

Fred mouths over to me, 'What the?' And I just shrug back at him.

Then, smiling, he discreetly beckons his head, and I smile back, hastily putting my Butterbeer down on the side before I follow him out of there.