35 - The Heartbreaker

Fred is in a right grump when we return to Hogwarts thanks to Umbridge having banned him and George from Quidditch for life after beating up Draco.

"I hate it here, now," he mutters as we sit and watch the remaining Gryffindor team tryout for new Beaters. "The only thing good about this place is you and the DA."

I notice George is the same: the twins' once happy, carefree nature slowly being crushed under Umbridge's evil rule.

I don't like seeing them like this, it breaks my heart. Even in DA, their enthusiasm wanes, both of them mooching at the back and no longer cracking jokes about my teaching skills.

The only thing Fred seems to have any passion for is me. Whenever we get the chance, he fucks me like the world will end tomorrow, the lack of condom between us thanks to me being on the pill making us feel more intimate than ever.

"I never want this to end," I sigh as we collapse into one another's arms one night, our bodies a sweaty tangled mess.

I don't miss the way Fred stills.

I turn my head to look at him, frowning. "Are you okay?" I ask when he doesn't say anything.

A flicker in his brown eyes. Then he gathers me tight in his arms, holding me close, despite the heat of skin against skin.

"I just love you so much," he murmurs against my shoulder. "Don't ever forget that."

I don't like the way he says this. But I push it down, trying desperately to ignore the uneasy feeling in my chest.

Our relationship isn't the only thing making me feel uneasy.

Draco has become insufferable since joining Umbridge's little gang: the Inquisitorial Squad. All he ever harps on about is what a brilliant teacher she is. I beg to differ as I feel the itch on the back of my hand, her words still burning a scar into my skin.

And one night, during a partially uneventful DA meeting, Draco and his stupid squad bust us.

We all scatter, running as fast as we can in different directions.

However, I am not quick enough, and find myself being grabbed around the waist by none other than Draco.

"Not so faster, Potter," he sneers in my ear, his arms clamping me against his chest.

"Draco?! What the fuck?!" I holler at him as I try to wriggle free from his alarmingly tight hold.

He whirls me around so that I'm facing him, and he pushes me up against the wall, pressing a finger to my lips.

"You've been a naughty girl," he smirks, "but luckily for you, I won't hand you in to Umbridge unless you tell me everything about that little club of yours which you never deemed me fit enough to invite to."

"You're always too busy trying to suck up to that bitch!" I snarl in his face.

"She's not a bitch, she's just trying to create order. And I, for one, support that."

I feel so angry, I want to knee him in the nuts. Instead, however, I wriggle my left arm free of his hold.

"If she's so wonderful then explain this!" I shove the back of my hand in his face.

Draco freezes as he reads the words engraved into my skin. Slowly he lets go of me and takes a step back, his face paler than ever.

"She did that to you?" He sounds genuinely shocked, and also - quite surprisingly - horrified. "That was her? All this time?"

"Are you trying to tell me you had no idea what a psychotic bitch she really is?" I laugh. "All those little kids you caught and gathered up for detentions. Maybe take a look at their hands next time you see them."