40 - The Enemy with Benefits

A/N: this chapter contains a sexually explicit scene

*****

It's so cold in Hogsmeade that I wish I hadn't bothered agreeing to go there with Ron and Hermione who just bicker the whole time anyway.

As soon as we enter the Three Broomsticks for a warm Butterbeer, I thankfully make my excuses and zip off to the ladies, leaving Ron and Hermione arguing about kissing or some shit.

When I walk in and discover Draco loitering by the sinks, I think at first that I've accidently entered the men's room.

But then a chain flushes and Katie Bell walks out of a cubicle who too looks at Draco in surprise.

"Draco, what the hell are you doing in the ladies?" I ask.

He has gone pale as a ghost, the panic in his eyes rife as looks from me to a pissed off looking Katie.

"Dude, get out," she orders, pointing to the door. "You can't come in here and perve at us!"

With a movement so swift, I almost miss it, he flicks his wand and Katie goes straight into a trance like state.

"Draco!" I splutter. "What the fuck did you do?"

But Draco doesn't even acknowledge me, instead he strides up to her and thrusts a package into her outstretched hand.

"Give this to Dumbledore," he instructs. "And you never saw me."

He wheels around and strides towards me, grabbing my arm and pulling me roughly out of the ladies with him.

"If anyone asks," he mutters in my ear as we go out into the busy bar, "you and I were having sex in there."

"We were not!" I say, completely affronted at the suggestion.

"I know we weren't but I need an alibi in case anyone saw me go in there."

"Hang on- if I'm going to agree to sully my reputation for you, then you need to tell me exactly what just happened in there! What did you do to Katie? And what was in that parcel for Dumbledore?"

"Not here," Draco hisses, and he pulls me back out into the cold snowy weather.

I didn't get a piss and I didn't get a warm Butterbeer. What a crap trip this is turning out to be.

He doesn't tell me anything until we're halfway back to the castle and there is not another soul around.

"I Imperiused her."

"What the hell?" I say, smacking his arm. "That's completely illegal! Do you want to end up in Azkaban like your dad?!"

"Keep your voice down!" He hisses. "You don't understand, I had to do it. I didn't have a choice."

I blink up at him, confused. "But- but why? I don't understand Draco, who is making you do this?"

He looks at me pointedly as though trying to tell me through mindspeak.

Okay, so I'm pretty sure I can work this one out...

"Is it Snape?"

I mean, he did used to be a Death Eater, and I don't entirely trust that the creep still isn't one.

Draco just rolls his eyes, however. "Oh forget it, Potter. Come on, we need to get back to the castle before-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Well, that didn't sound too good.

******

I storm into Draco's room without knocking.