56 - The Awesome Super Hero Plan

Narcissa's silver eyes flicker softly as she leans her face right down next to my head, sweet, floral perfume filling my nostrils.

"Is Draco alive?" she whispers ever so gently, her warm breath tickling my ear.

I give the merest fraction of a nod.

Be strong, Harri, Fred's voice says in my head as my heart hammers fearfully in my chest. You can do this.

Suddenly, Narcissa stands up, taking her comforting presence away from me.

"She is dead."

Deafening whoops and cheers sound around me. A celebration in the forest.

I squeeze my eyes tight shut and concentrate on Fred's words in my mind. He tells me he loves me as I am kicked hard in the stomach. He tells me to stay strong when another Death Eater spits on my face.

It takes all my inner strength to endure it all: it takes every inch of my willpower not to flinch, whimper, or scream as I am treated like a backyard toy being used as plaything by a vicious dog.

And when, eventually, I am scooped up into Hagrid's arms, it takes even more effort not to cling to him and sob.

But I don't, because I am the Chosen One. I am Harri Potter, and the world is depending on me to save it.

******

"Harri Potter is dead. She was killed as she ran away, trying to save herself while you lay down your lives for her. We bring you her body as proof that your hero is gone."

The lying cunt.

Of course I don't say this though. It will rather ruin the brilliant plan I have forming in my mind.

"NO! Harri! HARRI!"

More people scream and I can't help but feel a little smug at how devestated they all sound. It's good to know I'll be missed if I do eventually die.

Anyway, back to awesome super hero business.

I concentrate hard on what is going on. I hear Lucius and Narcissa call their son to them. It is no surprise to me when Draco concedes. It is, however, a surprise when he and Voldemort share a hug. I watch through squinted eyes, glad to see that at least Draco shudders.

He looks broken, utterly broken.

And then Neville - bless him - dear old Neville comes charging forwards without a single ounce of fear in his voice.

Voldemort punishes him by forcing the Sorting Hat on his head and bursting it into flames.

Joke's on Voldemort however because Neville is a king not to be messed with. He rips off the burning hat and pulls from within it the Gryffindor sword.

"I've got a snake to kill!" he hollers loudly as he brandishes the sword above his head and chases after a suddenly fast slithering away Nagini.

As chaos descends upon us once again, I somehow manage to slip my dead dad's cloak back around me without anyone noticing, breathing a sigh of relief at not having to play dead any longer.

I march right into the school, feeling more alive than I've ever done in my life, adrenaline pumping through my veins and fury buzzing from cut head to broken toe.

I no longer care if I live or die, just so long as I take down that fuck face first.

"GUESS WHAT?!" I scream as I fling the cloak clean off, facing Voldemort who has started a duel with Molly. "I'M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, RIDDLE!"

He freezes, his mouth falling open. "But- but you're supposed to be dead."

"Hark who's talking!" I sing-song as the crowd around us forms a circle, everyone eager to watch the show. "You're literally the bane of my existence, Riddle. But not anymore. Today it ends. Today it ends for us both."

I lift Draco's wand to a still speechless Voldemort and zap him with a bit of Crucio. I laugh as he screams and cries, getting great satisfaction from his pain.

"That was for my parents, Riddle."

I lift the curse long enough for him to think he's free. And then I point my wand again. "And this is for Cedric."

I zap him so hard, he flies six feet in the air.

"And this is for Sirius."

Another round of Crucio.

Boy, I can't wait to off him. But I need to know one more thing before I can do that.

Right on cue, Neville comes hurrying into the Great Hall, breathless and carrying a snake head in his arms.

"Harri!" he gasps, holding up the bloody mess for me to see. "Just to let you know, I've killed the snake, just like you asked."

Yes. I lower Draco's wand and nod a thanks at Neville. Then I release my fingers and allow the wand to clutter to the floor at my feet.

The entire Hall gasps, assuming I've given up.

Oh, but I have one more fucking brilliant ace up my sleeve.

I slowly turn back to face Voldemort who is still panting and rasping on the ground like the pathetic mess is. He looks at me, a strange and confused flicker in his eyes.

I smile.

He gulps.

"And this, you sniveling fuck-" I say steadily as I retrieve from my pocket the cold steel gun, lifting it with both hands and aiming it between his terrified red eyes.

"-is for Fred."

And then I pull the trigger.

******

We had something special.
I still can't believe it's gone.
For once I left your loving arms
Everything went wrong.
We danced upon a rainbow
And chased the clouds away.
But now that you're not with me,
There's no more left to say.

So here I am without you
Was this really meant to be?
Let's pretend we're still together
In love, eternally.
But here I am without you
And it doesn't matter why,
There are no words that can explain
And memories make me cry.

No words that can be whispered,
They fade upon a sigh,
There no words to sing or say
Except my love,
Goodbye.

~ Knife Edge, Malorie Blackman ~

*****