46 - The Birthday Treat

A/N: this chapter contains a sexually explicit scene

******

Molly makes me a Hedwig shaped cake for my birthday dinner, and I feel ridiculously touched, if not a little devastated.

The dinner is ruined, however, by the arrival of the new Minister for Magic - Rufus Scrimgeour - deciding that my birthday dinner was the perfect time to read out a will.

For some reason Dumbledore left me a Golden Snitch. I don't even like Quidditch. He's so weird, I just can't.

I rejoin the dinner, and I can't help but notice that Fred, who is sat opposite me, keeps attempting to catch my eye. I stubbornly refuse to look at him, still angry with him over just everything.

When he nudges his foot against my leg beneath the table, I kick him back - hard - and throw him a filthy look.

I like this anger, it beats being heartbroken. So I hold onto it.

Tired from all the food and emotion, I make my excuses and turn in early, no longer in the mood to celebrate my birthday. But I barely begin to unbutton my blouse when I hear the gentle knock at my door, and I just know before I open it that it's Fred.

"What do you want?" I ask abruptly, glaring up at him.

He looks tired, sad and wretched. Good.

"Can I come in, Harri. Please?"

I don't move. Not at first. Instead I fold my arms in front of my chest and continue to glare. "Why?"

"Because, Harri," he pleads, "I want to talk to you - to try and explain."

Seeing the earnest expression in his eyes, I relent, moving back so he can enter. Once he is inside, I slowly close the door.

"You still wear your bracelet, I see." Fred says, nodding down to my wrist where the band of lilies hang.

I quickly move my hand behind my back and my face grows hot, feeling caught out.

"It's pretty, that's all." I say quickly, not wanting him to look too much into it. "Plus it goes with this blouse."

"It goes with you," he smiles wistfully. "I always thought that."

He holds my gaze and I feel the instant accelerating of my pulse.

"I know you're angry at me," he continues as I try and swallow down a painful lump in my throat, "and you've every right-"

"No, I'm not angry," I say, trying to keep my voice steady which is quite a difficult thing to do with a racing heart. "I'm too tired to be angry anymore. I'm tired of all the heartache from losing you, Sirius, and now Hedwig. Last year, I ended up falling into bed with my so-called best friend who then thought it would be okay to obliviate the memory from my mind which he only gave back to me once he helped kill our headteacher."

Fred looks shocked, his eyes widening. "He Obliviated you?!"

I turn away, suddenly wishing I'd kept my mouth shut. It's just too humiliating.

"There were other factors at play," I say stiffly, "but yes, he took my memory and held onto it for half the year whilst he carried out his plan to kill Dumbledore."

"Shit, that's so messed up. I'm sorry he did that to you."

I look back at Fred, alarmed to see the genuine sorrow on his face as his eyes search mine sadly.

"Fred, why are you here?"

"To say sorry." He takes a step closer to me, his chest visibly rising and falling. "I messed up. I thought I was doing the right thing."

I swallow, my heart beating faster still. "Is that all?"

He closes the gap.

"No."

And he grabs me then. And when he kisses me it is like an explosion within me. My body literally bursts with pleasure, as though it has been waiting for this moment for a long, long time.

Every single part of me buzzes like electricity, all the hairs on skin standing up, feeling as though a current is flowing through me.

Fred is kissing me and I am in his arms and I am suddenly where I've wanted to be for such a long fucking time that my heart sings for pure and utter joy.

We fall down onto Bill's bed, neither of us undressing, too consumed in our kiss, not wanting to break apart for even a single precious second.

But I want him, I want every last piece of him. I want him on me, in me, touching every part of me.

Somehow we manage to wrestle out of our clothes without breaking the kiss, and I cry out at simply feeling the touch of his skin against mine.

"I missed you," he murmurs as his lips trail a path of kisses down my body, "I missed you so much."

I tangle my fingers in his hair as he brings me to the brink of pleasure with his lips and tongue, knowing exactly how to get me there as I gasp and pant beneath him.

And then he is crawling back up my body, his swollen lips claiming mine again, kissing me hungrily and urgently.

I reach down and wrap my fingers around him, causing him to shudder and release a low gutteral sound. He is incredibly hard, and I am desperate for him to be inside me.

"Are you still on the pill?" he asks, his voice hoarse with longing as he looks down at me with darkened eyes.

I nod, and then he is kissing me again, both of us breathless with such need for each other.

I moan into his mouth when he pushes inside of me, the gloriousness of it overwhelming to the point where I think I am going to surely die of pleasure. And if I die like this, it wouldn't be the worst way to go.

"Look at me," he demands, breaking the kiss to stare down at me as he moves above me. "I want to see you."

He grabs my hand, entwining his fingers in mine as he pins it down on the mattress above my head. I look up into his eyes, and I can see the pleasure literally swelling his pupils. The feeling is so raw and intense as we continue to stare into each other's eyes whilst he fucks me, it is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

I have no concept of time, of anything but the boy above me. I feel as though I am looking right into his soul and it only increases and intensifies the feeling of pleasure ready to rip in my core.

"Fred-" I moan as the pleasure gets too much and I arch my body up and roll my head back into the mattress, whimpers of pleasure falling from lips.

I can feel him getting close too, his body trembling with his impeding orgasm. He forces my face down again and I look right into his eyes as they dilate and swell through his rushing orgasm.

His groan is deep and drawn out. But he never once looks away and the feeling of intense love and contentment consumes me to the point where I think I might cry. I want to feel his weight on top of mine forever and always to lie like this whilst he comes inside of me, his pleasure mixed with mine.

"Fred," I whisper so softly, wanting to say his name over and over again.

We collapse on the bed, holding each other tight as our bodies recover, still looking into each other's eyes whilst our hearts race crazily.

He smiles at me: lips crooked and eyes twinkling. He lifts a hand and gently brushes my hair away from my face.

"Happy birthday, Harri," he whispers.

I smile and reach up to touch his face, dancing a fingertip over his heart shaped freckle: the freckle that made him mine.

My Fred.

******