Culture Shock

Chapter Two

Solo's lieutenant took the potential brides to the new bride house training center. The twelve new alien mix of women came with him to Solo's palace. They were taken for decontamination and galactic vaccination according to race. Solo had a long day he was tired it was night and when night fell it was cold as the dessert right above a freeze.

He wondered how can a planet have a black sun and does not keep the planet warm at night. He closed the window showered and lay in bed going over the new bride offers these are the ones that will be removed from auction. He smiled at a Trusain Indian Beauty she was leading the coin and boy was she spirited. She begged Solo to stay with him be his wife so many proposals he had so many he turned down.

Solo swiped the screen staring at the young girl before him a tear fell in her memory as cannons boomed around him his family escaping black Lumee by seconds of it destruction. Two hundred years and he could hear her screams as though hole were still a young Lumee.  

The door opened a woman entered with a tray with tea and human imported sugar coolies. She sat the tray down clumsy picking up a cookie enjoying it. Solo smiled that will be all. She pulled a blanket off his bed his lieutenant went to beat her with a stick solo raised his hand waving for him to let her have it. 

The woman stopped falling on her face she began singing. Go get Jacquard hurry. The lieutenant rushed back with Jacquard. He pulled his hood back staring at her. UNAKEET UNNAKEEY!

The woman stood Jacquard lifted her shirt he fell to his knees before her. What? Solo yelled Solo she is a high priestess she has the birthmark. A high priestess of what culture and planet? 

Yours My Lord she is a birth born Black Lumee Priestess that is why she fell before the goddess Yanknee this is the goddess of our people for the blessed priestesses. What is she singing? Jacquard cried our ancient prayers I haven't heard them in so long for her age someone taught her...groomed her and the only one who can train a Black Lumee priestess virgin is a high Black Lumee Priestess.

Solo went to stop her no no...that is disrespect to the goddess when she is done the goddess will release her spirit until then make an offering unto our Goddess of native land. Like? He poured oil in a bowl something hard to get a sacrifice handing the hand carved bowl to Solo. Go...

Solo walked slow placing the bowl at the feet of the goddess Jacquard placed fruit and a necklace made of cowry shells which are extinct.

The three Black Lumee natives worshiped thier goddess enjoying a taste of thier culture once more.