Scrambler

Chapter 14

That is a lie Ash there was no way Lieutenant killed my father because he wasn't on the planet at the time my father died. My father died from old age in order for me to inherit the planet a full scope physical and investigation was conducted by the United Federation of planets after my father died. I also consented to a autopsy to rule out any possible foul play.

All the paperwork came back that my father died from old age natural causes Ash, are you aware my father was almost 400 years old he is documented as one of the oldest living black Lumi ever there is no way Lieutenant had anything to do with his death. Ash paced the floor thinking just because he did not pull the trigger does not mean he didn't hold the gun solo why would he confess to such a horrible thing if he didn't have anything to do with it? The couple spoke in their native tongue just in case the room was bugged. Solo shook his head and disbelief I was there Ash I know he had nothing to do with it.

Ash look out the hole in the gate through the window I believe him something inside of me says he had something to do with it he may not have been the man to do the deed but he did something the truth was in his eyes solo and now you may be next your life is in jeopardy. Ash broke down crying solo ran to comfort her. What is wrong Ash?
I don't want you dead. Her eyes were full of water the tears fell a light blue shade proof she had black Lumi blood.

The Lumi cried blue tears he took a handkerchief from his inner pocket wiping her eyes it's okay nothing is going to happen to me or you we are going to get through this you and I and when it's all over we're going to laugh about this silly notion he had that he had anything to do with my father. Solo wrapped his large warm arms around her she trembled in fear.

I thought you were a guard on Frozen Earth what is all this crying you're doing if you were to be such a strong person to protect the planet? I am not crying because there is possible treason going on, I am crying at the thought of standing over your dead corpse. She began to cry the thought rattled her terribly solo walked off when he returned he did so with a drink. Here drink this honey.  I told you I don't drink spirits solo. It's mild Ash like fermented grapes and it's not even a half a glass it'll calm your nerves you won't get drunk you'll just feel a little bit more collected if that makes sense.

Ash took the glass smelling it she sipped it slow the effects were seen in her eyes as her corneas zoomed in and out before him. Solo snickered taking the glass I think two sips is enough for you Ash laughed with him I think so too.

The couple went through the videos the orbs and all surveillance that was on the planet something is wrong the footage is being blocked Ash added. What do you mean Ash? I was a young girl on oxlan Prime there was a man who was in love with my mother he had a scrambler he would carry in his pocket everywhere he went. My mother told me to ask him what it was and what did it do. A callous man he never answered my mother's questions never wanting her to be educated or learn anything to help her advance, but me a child he thought me asking was a silly notion one I would forget in 5 minutes simply because I was a child.

He explained to me that it is a camera scrambler everywhere he walked everywhere he went no one would ever see him on video he would not be picked up on orbs or any recording devices he was so brazen he went as far as to show me when we got home.

He opened up the video camera showing my mother him and myself leaving our bungalow. On the recording all you saw was my mother holding my hand leading me to the car. My mother could not drive only my stepfather you saw the door open and close but no one was on the surveillance tape opening or closing the door.

The murderer is wearing a scrambler find the scrambler find the murderer.

How do we do that Ash we can't just go around asking people do you have a scrambler? Do you have a scrambler? Of course not silly she snickered at his crazy idea. She turned her head looking at the table of all the brokering and matchmaking 200 women. That is 200 spies in and out of male bungalows all those women are indebted to you.

You have an obligation to make sure you are not hooking one of the women up with a murderer I'm sure he is on the planet under the guise of the matchmaking ceremonies. Isn't tomorrow night the night of privacy Solo?

Yes Ash, that is when everyone who has a contract in place can spend the night at their betrothed before final signatures and payments are due. Ash shook her head yes, this is just what we need call all the women who have an appointment to a private meeting in a location only you know. Explain to them what exactly what you are looking for Solo and offer a large cash reward to the woman who finds the scrambler. 

She is not to remove the object nor bring attention to it but she can give us a signal through the lexicom. She can press the button three times and it will ring to your Palace there you will know who is calling and who has the scrambler. Since the lexicom is a quiet transmission no one will hear her ringing the bell only you.

Solo grinned I'm starting to believe I may need a wife after all women are way more cunning and sneaky than a man could ever be. Ash stared at solo inquisitive why are you staring at me that way my love?

You just said something that makes a lot of sense Solo what if we're looking for one killer when there are two?