Lineage

Chapter 11

Women giggled happy for Ash. Solo was handsome an original Black Lumi a native son of the planet reunited one of the Eldest of Elders who promised to try and secure the original Black Lumi planet for them to voyage home to their native lands.

Solo walked on Frozen Earth they built the planet up really well. They built green bouses lifted off tbe ground to deter frost and only grew vegetation that survived cold. There were hundreds of tree houses and mountain homes built in the ranges. What is that Ash? The balloon Solo? Yes Ash? We use it to cart the Elders to bed in the trees or faces of the mountain.

Why do you live off the ground Ash? Frost kills mountain cave rocks holds heat during the night we stay warm Solo. Where do you sleep? Ash took Solo on his first balloon ride she was at the top of the mountain on the end of a ridge she had privacy and was in the face of the rising son. You are all alone here Ash.

I am lead...i get private quarters. A lead? Keep danger away number one. Oh you are lead security. Yes like Lieutenant. Solo looked upset at the mention of his name but Ash was told by the junior Elders not to ask him questions. It was not a woman's place to question Elder business nor a blood born Lumi and Solo was both.

Everyone was a buzz about his visit and what he was asked to accomplish. Solo sent Benny the application and his DNA profile along with his birth record and tribal mark photos which he kept on file for trade when needed.

Benediction submitted them and Solo hadn't stepped one foot off frozen earth and half his application was already done and submitted. His grandmother was searching for her birth and tribal record original documents endorsed with the King of Black lumi's signet this is when there was a king. She had the younger female Lumi searching with her 10 girls working with rigor to find what solo needed while Ash entertained. This is cool her walls were lined with animal skins.

There were broken mirrors on her walls a bed she put together and a hearth for fire carved out in the mountain. She even made a toilet using a chair over a deep sink hole in the cave. Ash was the only one without a chamber pot.

Solo sat on the bed Ash lay down pulling him down she cuddled on him grinning. Solo old man Elder. Solo smiled that makes you not want me Solo too old for Ash?

Ash pulled him closer never looking up.  Solo need many baby I make babies for solo.  Her English was horrible but he understood. How many? She pointed to the wall at the stars drawn around the head of her God as many as goddesses give. I need a boy Ash Solo chuckled. We try till boy come yes? Solo blushed if we marry yes.

Time to go soon? Ash looked west storm electrical look frost come early we fly we die. Solo looked out the sky lit and crackled and it was freezing. His grandma phoned. Yes grandma? You have to leave in the morning. I can't i---

Solo of you leave the light will strike your vessel and kill you while you can still communicate make your calls before the crackling blocks com signals. Yes grandma. Good boy she kissed at him make haste. Yes grandma I love you Solo's memories slowly flooded him.

Solo inhaled then exhaled he contacted all couples approving second dates verbally and sent review of application review letters.  He did not advise he wasn't coming home instructing his pilot to do the same.

He felt better resolving all he could his wedding clients to drunk celebrating to even know he were missing. He could use the relaxation even for a day he hadn't been off the planet in 20 years and on vacation longer then that. A night off would be nice.

The pilot dropped solos emergency luggage he was happy women dragged him to the town tavern before the frost was 100 % in. Ash pushed a button gates rolled over her window and door ways locking them in. Why gates Ash? So we don't kill Boom! Hit gate not us. He grinned at her animation. Hungry? I cook. You can cook Ash?

Ash lit the fire humming and cooking she passed him coffee it was delicious I grow. The beans babe? Yes she nodded her hair wild grinning trying to please him he was her first male dinner guest she wanted it perfect. Ash cooked deer meat as that is all her friend had to offer him. She got potatoes and made mashed potatoes and fresh mixed vegetables from the greenhouses. She also tossed together a salad. For dessert she made cinnamon baked apples over the open fire. There was iced tea coffee ice water there wasn't much else to drink.

She knew he enjoyed alcohol but there wasn't any on Frozen Earth the elders forbade it. Everyone's body had to be a clean vessel in case the Gods wanted to use you for a specific task.

Sorry I don't have spirits she said in Lumi. It's fine I'm sure I won't die a night without it Ash. Solo sat at her little table in front of the fireplace he loved the small cozy comfort of her bedroom condo cave as he called it in his mind. She pulled the pot out the hearth serving him broth soup made from carrots and chicken fat. He hadn't had real Comstock in ages he sipped it enjoying the flavor of the soup. Good?

Thank you Ash he smiled sipping from the large cup she gave him. She lay his salad before him and a bottle of oil and vinegar mixed with a dash of salt and pepper together they sat enjoying the salad with wooden sporks and knives. Good putting an onion in his mouth using his fingers leaving nothing behind in the bowl as his mother taught him.

She lay a basket of bread slices with butter freshly churned and a plate of deer with mixed vegetables and a tall glass of iced tea. Glasses.. they're beautiful where did you get them Ash? I found them in rubble. Intact lucky you.

Ash grinned he noticed they were not cracked. They said nothing over the meal they ate and gazed at one another as crackly flames danced off their faces. The roll of thunder cracked the gate. Solo jumped nervously looking around it's okay Ash reassured him touching his hand the gate will hold. He nodded his head okay are you cold solo? A little Solo went in his pack pulling a bulky wool sweater he only wore in extreme weather Nice Ash said feeling the sweater.

Ash served her dessert and a glass of lemon water solo had to admit the food was delicious fresh and really good the venison fell off the bone. You are a good cook Ash. Blessing she nodded  thanking him clearing the table and washing the dishes before she joined him on the bed.

They cuddled talking through the storm until solo fell asleep in her arms. Ash set up in her bed holding her knees to her chest staring down at solo what did she do right to deserve such a wonderful man?

One of such power she smiled one who has no idea he is the true king of black Lumi.