Kill Them!

Chapter 21

Ash bent down rubbing dirt on her bloody face mask he covered her head with leaves and did the same to solo. She took branches shoving them in his jacket and sweater camouflage him with the Trees of the forest to make them blend in better she rubbed dirt on his blue skin so it would not shine when they crossed the Moonlight or Thunderclap revealing them in the light of it. The ground was muddy there were times they were sinking right through and had to pull one another out. Lieutenant and his men were not very smart they entered the forest with flashlights.

Solo and Ash. climbed a tree they were high up looking down at the men searching for them their footsteps were washed out by the torrential rains. Solo and Ash ran in circles back and forth their footsteps crossed one another they last maniacally as mud cover their clothes and giggle like children as rain fell on their blood soak faces. When they climbed to the top of the tree it was an exhibition or sport for them. They look down laughing because they knew what was to come next. Ash pulled the gun she stole off the dead cobra soldier with a silencer.  She stared at it never seeing one like it before Solo whispered in her ear very low it's a vintage gun a Beretta with a silencer when you shoot it sounds like a dart sound more than a bullet sound.

Under the shroud of darkness that covered them from the grip.of killers Ash unlocked the clip checking the barrel there were only nine bullets but it was enough for her to snuff out nine cobra.

She grinned wickedly at Solo pulling the mask over her mouth and nose she stared up into the sky through dark blowing leaves waiting like a killer on his prey.

Thunder clapped PHEW! A Cobra commander dropped to the ground Solo raised a finger Ash waited again BOOOOM! Thunder roared Phew! Another shot another cobra soldier fell to his death rains washing him to god knows where.

Shoot the trees! Lieutenant commanded they shot trees above them but Solo and Ash were 500 feet away they were Lumi blessed with nocturnal vision where the cobra people were not. While they shot aimlessly seven more hit the mud sinking into cold wet muddy Lumi dirt.

Ash and Solo jumped down weaving in and out of the trees. That's six left Ash said to Solo give or take a few seven if we count Lieutenant. Solo growled hearing his name snatching a cobra off his feet slicing his throat dropping his dead carcass to the ground pushing him in soft mud with his boot on his throat. Solo stared at his open eyes happy his fave was the last he saw at the time of his murder.

The rain pounded down on the killing couple like bricks Ash laughed you only killed one Solo you're lacking she teased. There aren't many left for you to catch up to me, if you don't catch up to my death count I will tease you until you finally do. Solo flashed a boyish grin at her little killing game.  Okay how many do you have Ash? By my account I have the four that walked in the office the one in the hallway and nine with my gun that's 15 by my account my king.

What man from the hallway? It was I who pushed him out the window. No my Lord you pushed him towards the window I pushed him out. Ash grinned correcting Solo of the death count and who did what.

Okay okay why don't you give me a chance to catch up baby? You are always getting to them before I have a chance. You're too slow living the cushy life style has made you unaware of killers around you. If your father were alive he would chastise you right now your death count is too low.

I think I should not marry you, maybe I should make you my lead assassin instead of my Queen Ash. Why would a king marry a Queen who was not an assassin? What better way to protect the king than to have a killer laying in bed right next to him? That way if someone comes into the room in the night to end your life and mine we would have other plans in store for them wouldn't we my love?

Solo smiled I guess you're right about that one. A Queen killer that's what I will be. Oh, so you have your own title now? Ash chuckled maniacally seeping deeper into the dark of the woods shhh she put her hand up for Solo to stop walking pointing in the direction of light there were a barrage of heavy cobra guards.

Where did they come from Ash whispered to Solo? They were in orbit above us circling the planet they beamed down to render assistance.

Are you nervous my love? Ash gave him a stare of disbelief afraid, nervous those words are not in my vocabulary my Lord now you have a chance to catch up to my death count. How many are there Solo? I count 10. You'll need all 10 to catch up to me.

Ash and Solo hid behind tall trees staying in the shadows. Solo took out a wooden stick he looked at it smiling as he stared at the men using nocturnal vision he blew in the stick cobra soldiers dropped to the ground fast as flies. Ash looked back at Solo what the hell is that?

This is something only a king will give his son to protect his people to kill at a distance and not place himself In harm's way. The darts are laced with something cd zulika powder. It will kill any being by centralizing the nervous system and causing the heart to stop in a half minute of time. Ash looked around them I count five you're still behind my king.

Solo continued to blow the death darts toward the Cobra people they held their necks pulling the darts out making the poison spread faster looking around as though they never saw it coming because they did not. Solo heard a mumbles scream when he looked behind him Lieutenant had Ash locked in a choke hold a gun to pressed to her skull.

One more move I will dead this bitch Solo you know I'll do it don't try me. Lieutenant's Cobra eyes glowed in the dark a high neon yellow his corneas were black  cut like diamonds his neck stretched high the sides of his neck had bulging muscles snake gills and scales were out on his face and cheeks. Those were signs he was defending himself and protecting his life anyone approaching should be careful. If he spit at Solo he could blind him with his saliva because it was acid burning one touch to his skin he could lose his face and his vision.

Backup Solo! Unless you want a dead bitch or a bitch with a burned off face. Solo took one step back Lieutenant took one step forward Solo lay his gun on the ground raising his hands in unwanted surrender.

What are you doing Solo!? Let me die I am not worth losing the planet over kill the rest of these bastards and bring our people home!! Ash screamed in ancient Black Lumi the tongue taught to the royals. His grandmother must have taught her the secret language separating them from common people.

Solo stared at Ash shaking his head fearing his life without her  no he said to her aloud tossing his last gun. Ash scoffed angrily as the gun was washed away to the river past his feet feeling defeated.