Wicked Intent

Chapter 12

Solo's grandmother called him during the storm Ash picked up mother Elder she grinned Ash where is my grandson? She turned the com to him fast asleep. His grandma smiles he is weary and needs rest on his home soil. Wake him? No daughter give him slumber when he wakes the sun shall shine and be will be renewed. Ash moved his red hair for his face mother Elder smiled someone is in love. Ash giggled a little mother Elder. Hahah how so you love a man just a little bit?

He is so lonely mother Elder. Not anymore daughter when you go take that giraffe with you something in me says we are leaving this place. Yes mother goodnight. Goodnight Ash. Ash cuddled up on top of Solo. She lay her soft body on his hard one. Solo opened his eyes to Ash clothed on top of him shocked. She took his arms wrapping them around her burying her head in the deep of his shoulder falling asleep in his arms. Solo sighed joining her.

The next morning Solo woke to coffee sun baked crumpets and Ash with a face full of flour. The gates were rolled up and the melodic singing of washer women children laughing, birds. Chirping and air balloons floating across a ultra violet colored sky made him feel as if he were in heaven.

He slipped up in bed staring over the mountains edge. What is all that? Offerings. To you ash? No you. Why? To thank you Ash covering the truth for helping get Black Lumi back. Donate it all I can't carry it in the ship weight restrictions. Take the clothes they are traditional black lumi attire and the fruit black lumi trees made them a taste and look of your home world one long forgotten. She peeked out the window and there are baby trees we can add to the gardens in the catacombs. He smiled at her if we migrate home there will be two planets empty Frozen Earth and Exchange World. Ash handed him coffee we can live on Exchange world the Elders can run Black Lumi Solo. We shall see woman. Or....

Solo exhaled putting his coffee cup down giving her his full attention ypur Queen can stay on our home world while you work on Exchange its only 10 light ions away technically you can come home every night if you wanted. Yeah at warp speed which deafens you in about five years because of the quantum travel.
Besides where ever my wife is so shall I reside there is not compromise a man must protect his family. To do that he must be with them daily.

So I stay with you? Solo grinned sipping the coffee spitting it up. What? Ash asked. Strong! Hahah you've grown soft! That is 100% black Lumi grown coffee beans!

Give it! She sweetened.1 it adding cream passing it back now? He sipped mmm yes thanks. Rich people. Haha Solo laughed. Basic living is best. Really? So you don't need the gardens of the catacombs anymore? I need.

That is rich living not basic Ash. The fruit stays solo she giggled. They dressed and readied for travel servants loaded the ship with the goods be could carry back to Exchange world. They made the weight requirement by 10 pounds.

Solo was in with the counsel of Elders he got all the paperwork they had linking them to Lumi and it looked good all of it tribal birth rights and interplanetary birth paperwork. He hugged his grandma who handed him a brown paper bag wrapped gift in twine.

Open it when you get home yes? Yes kissing her cookies baked them last night ypur favorite halla berry nut. Thank you his grandma wiped her eyes. Solo said in black Lumi do not cry grandmother I shall return with good news.

You recall the language of old you were so young when we fled I feared you lost your tongue. Whenever someone came to the planet and spoke our language or were from our home world I urged them to stay...they all did we created our own community carving a tiny space on exchange for us. You should see it grandmother there we only use our native language. I shall one day yes? Yes Solo wiped her eyes.

They got on the ship everyone waved goodbye. There was a loud noise Solo got up oh man he smiled the giraffe she is missing a leg what is that? A fake leg I make. You made that prosthetic? Yes when still baby she grow I grow leg. What is her name? No name giraffe. Solo looked at ass shaking his head you have to give it a name Ash. She looked back at the cage the giraffe was in eating leaves from her planet frozen Earth I think on it. She smiled reassuring him she would consider a name.

The couple arrives at exchange world they circled The Landing Bay below was lieutenant and 10 guards waiting. Why so many gods Ash asked? I don't know but we are about to find out. Solo stepped off the small spacecraft onto the floating Landing Bay Lieutenant why are all these guards here? We have a situation it just happened 20 minutes ago at King was murdered.

A king was murdered on my planet? Yes he was in his sleep by one of the women a mercenary or an assassin hired to take him out as he was vacationing here. Solo knew Lieutenant wanted me he knew this was a ploy to Sidetrack his attention from getting the planet for himself. He was not going to let him know he was on to his semantics there was something he knew about his Planet surveillance was that only he knew. His great great grandfather and all his grandfather's after him install something on the planet that Lieutenant would soon find out if he had anything to do with this King being murdered it was going to be his head.

A king you say lieutenant? Yes solo a king he said smug with a half grid on the corner of his lips Ash wanted to jump on him and scratch his eyes out it took everything in her to control her self from doing something to him knowing he was behind this assassination. Which king? what planet? Solo was clearly agitated and angry now the interplanetary Federation had to get involved the planet the King was from had to get involved it was going to be a real shit show all in the middle of broker season.

The king of Zylorkia. Solo double take his look at lieutenant one of the most violent planets in our galaxy solar system is dead? That is that Lieutenant said with his head down chuckling. Ash reach for her sword in her back solo held her hand behind her as he placed his arm around her waist walking with her towards his bedroom making her sheath her sword.

Not now my love he said in ancient Lumi which he knew none of his guards understood not now his time will come. Ash began to cackle wickedly out loud staring at a nervous Lieutenant who had no idea solo just threatened his existence.