Pounding Rains

Chapter 25

Lieutenant moved fast if Solo moved left Lieutenant moved left swiftly on his ass mirroring his every move. Solo sliced Lieutenant his blood flowing in the muddy stream the rain caused pooling in it's final destination the quick sand pit. Lieutenant grabbed Solo's leg wrapping his body in the tip of his tail.  He raised solo to his face that girl don't love you he hissed I paid her to get close to you to watch your every move, report back to me her findings.

I promised her a place at my side as the queen of New Black Lumi he hissed and swayed. Why do you want this planet out of all the planets we've reaped?! Is it because of me Lutientant? You want what I have?! Hahah! Lieutenant let out a loud disrespectful laugh don't flatter yourself! The asteroids created large holes on this planet once they hit Lumi soil the heat from the rocks activated rich salt compounds in the soil they make perfect nests to bury cobra snake eggs.

The soil on Planet King Cobra is weak there have been so many hatchlings that have consumed all the soil sodium in their hybrid flesh over the centuries, the soil has not replenished itself with sodium. This is a much needed ingredient for our children to hatch heat and salt planet King Cobra has neither. We have not had a hatchling birth in a decade and a half 15 years Solo. We were dispatched 10 years ago as youth to go into the galaxy to leave our orbit and find a planet we can relocate to.

Then I met you a planet reaper just the employ I needed it helped me cover more planets more ground in half the time had I been on voyage alone and travel was free. The travel the reaping none of the expenses fell on me as your first in command. All I had to do was collect soil samples and send them home to our scientists and fertility specialists. This planet not only has the perfect heat because asteroid rocks hold solar heat for decades after they imbed themselves in soil, the sodium was 75 times more potent then the soil on my native planet.

We as a people we have a chance to reproduce to procreate and our species will not die off and could be saved Solo. That is why I'm getting this planet it is not a want it is a need. You will get this planet over my dead body Solo squeezed out his words as Lieutenant wrapped his slippery tail tight as a python cracking his rib cages. Solo looked down at the pooling blood the electric eels slithering toward the warm blood basking and feeding on it.

The eels were already in an uproar over Ash being in the sand and not being able to find her they smelled and felt the vibration of warm trickling blood running from the multiple cuts lieutenant suffered at Solo's hands leaking from his veins.

The eels bit and killed one another fifty of them fighting on the sand pits edge high pitch screeching mixed with roaring thunder and pounding rain a made Ash tremble in fear. Solo had his hidden knife in his hand wiggling loose he stabbed lieutenants the pain causing him to drop Solo to muddy grounds. Solo acted quick tossing all his weight into his thrust he raised his knife into the air blood splattered everywhere

Solo using his serrated blade stabbed Lieutenant through the tail his blade impaling him pining him to a sand stone in the ground. Solo clapped loud eels swam swift to the sound blood pouring profusely and unstoppable from Lieutenants impaling. The electric eels swam through sand and blood latching themselves to the open tail wound Lieutenant was gifted by Solo.

Lieutenant tried to pull himself free ripping his slithering tail more making the gaping hole bigger. Thunder popped from the sky hitting the sand pit giving the eels pure electrical power they transferred to Lieutenant through the trail of his blood electrocuting him. Solo watched as sparks flew the burned smell of burned snake meat polluted the damp air. Lieutenants life less crisp carcass fell on sinking sand it was the bridge he needed to get to Ash.

Solo stepped on top of the seven foot snake gingerly praying his weight didn't sink the dead snake. Lieutenant was reduced to a maggot filled bridge over eel infested quick sand. Solo pulled an unconscious neck deep Ash out the bloody sand pit of Black Lumi. Solo carried Ash to the sandy bank of the quick sand pit river.  As soon as he stepped off the cobra killed body of Lieutenant, 100 eel greedily sucked him under. His dead eel ridden body lit with every eel bite, suck and sting.  His hybrid half human half cobra skeleton bright glowing smoking flesh showed with each glowing sting.

The pitter patter of rain fell on Solo and Ash's face he blew in her mouth performing chest compressions trying his damnedest to defeat death resuscitating her back to his realm. The same electrocution that killed Lieutenant in the sand sought to end Ash's life. HELP ME! HELP! Solo yelled his voice echoing to the heavens bouncing off mountains rolling with the loud crack of thunder.

Dogs surrounded the distressed couple goat-dogs barked loud alarming Benediction they located the target they were assigned to find.

Benediction pushed through the myriad of guards and vicious dogs surrounding Solo and Ash. Help me brother I think....I think she is dead.