{ Uneasy First Meeting }

Marina POV

M: "What is.. that?"

P: "Freaky! Do you think it's an alien?"

A3: "I found it while on patrol, I brought it back to the other agents to figure out what it is. We came to a conclusion that it was a mutated.. inkling/octoling."

M: "Do you think they would be accepted in public?"

A2: "We don't know, we'll have to learn more information about it."

P: "Why not just talk to it?"

A3: "It doesn't speak squid, we dont understand what it says when it tries to speak to us."

I was so confused, a "mutated" inkling/octoling that doesn't speak squid, and speaks a different language? This definitely wasn't a "mutated" inkling/octoling, it was something else.

P: "Are we allowed to say hi?"

A1: "It won't understand you!"

Pearl and I looked at the agents for confirmation to try and speak to the mutant, agent 3 nodded first, then the others slowly nodded. Pearl jumped with excitement, instantly hopping over to the creature, I still felt uneasy, how could we know if this thing was safe?

P: "Hi alien mutant thing!"

M: "Pearl!"

I immediately nudged Pearl, she looked back and made a pout face.

P: "It's not like it can understand us!"

M: "I guess you're right.."

The mutant looked at us, it looked scared and confused, I noticed that it was covering it's jaw with it's hand. I turned back to the agents, a bit confused.

M: "Why is it covering it's jaw?"

A8: "Ink."

M: "Ink?"

A1: "Marie- agent 2 shot it with a SplatterShot to see what would happen, turns out that ink burns it's skin, but not really.."

Pearl looked back at the agents and looked up at me, confused, clearly she didn't understand what Callie just said.

A3: "In short words, ink gives it a burning feeling but it doesn't actually burn the skin."

P: "Ohhhh, so it's like immune to ink!"

M: "I wouldn't say that..."

Me and Pearl turned back to the thing, waving. Surprisingly, it waved back at us, forming a soft smile. I returned a smile back.

I still don't feel safe around it.