{ Wave 1 preparation }

Inkling 2 POV

We watched the mutant try out the Dualie Squelchers, it looked a little surprised when the ink immediately shot out. I tapped on the mic near my mouth, letting Mr. Grizz know it was me.

Ink2: "Mr. Grizz, no need to send another employee, we're good now."

Mr. Grizz: "Good, I can't afford to waste my employees' lives for a screw up. Wave starts in 10 seconds, get ready."

He disconnected, I called the others attention, letting them know that it was about to start. We spread out and started to ink some turf of the Inkblot Art Academy, preparing for the wave. I looked back to the thing, and it looked confused. I walked closer to it and grabbed one of the Dualie Squelchers, showing them to shoot and ink turf.

It nodded and grabbed the Squelcher back, starting to walk away and ink the turf. Hopefully it survives, it didn't look like it was doing well in that ink puddle earlier. I don't know what this thing was, but me and the other Inklings were willing to help it.

Almost the entire academy was covered in our ink, I tapped on the mic, clicking on a button on the handle connected to the mic, connecting to my team's earbuds so they would listen.

Ink2: "Make sure the.. thing stays alive, we don't need Mr. Grizz lecturing us."

Ink1: "What even is it? It doesn't look like a Inkling or Octoling, but it went through the ink puddle."

Ink3: "The Inkling that spoke to us in the lobby said it was mutated, it doesn't understand Squid and speaks a different language."

Ink1: "Oh yeah, I forgot! Must be pretty mutated and messed up for it to not even understand Squid."

Ink2: "Focus, guys, it seems new to the job, just try to make sure it knows what to do, show them."

Ink1 and Ink2: "Okay!"

The egg basket appeared in the middle of the Academy, Mr. Grizz connected to all of our earbuds and told us the wave was starting.

Let's see if this mutant can handle some work.