[ Wave 2 ]

Your POV

Salmon started to swim up from the water, making their way to us, I stepped back a bit and started to pull the the trigger on the Splatling, ink rapidly shooting out ink, it would shake violently whenever ink shot out, making me lose my grip on it for a moment. Eggs started to drop, I tried to pick them up but I couldn't without letting the Splatling go. Great.

"Hey! Could I get some help over here?"

I shouted for the Inklings, one of them came over and started to pick up the eggs and swim back to the egg basket. I looked back and was horrified, there was a giant fish with steel and metal armor, it looked down at me, towering over me.

It started to growl, something growing out of its head, I couldn't do anything, my entire body was frozen in fear, I couldn't move. An Inkling grabbed my arm and pulled me back, making me fall on the ground. It started to shoot at the thing growing on the fish' head with the two weapons it had, making it explode and dropping eggs.

The Inkling looked back at me with an aggravated expression, pointing one of their guns at me and yelling in it's language, turning back around and picking up an egg, the egg went into their floatie strap, they swam away and threw the egg in the basket.

I got up on my feet again, picking up the Splatling, regaining my balance and grip on the weapon. I didn't want to die, I kept on shooting the salmons, picking up the eggs one by one and running back and fourth to the egg basket, the Splatling was making my arms sore, making me more tired with each movement I made.

The egg basket filled up more and more, I counted about 22 eggs in it. Another alarm goes off, and the salmon start to return to the waters. There go the Inklings, meeting back up with each other and chanting that word again.

"Woomy!"

"Woomy!"

I returned the word back to them, they seemed pretty happy when I said it too. I noticed that after a few seconds had passed by, nothing happened. No weapon swap, no alarms, no announcements.