Stitches of Love

"Sky, can you teach me to do that?" Rain asks, making Sky look at him in surprise:

Rain has been watching Sky slowly pull a needle threaded with embroidery thread through the fabric, counting off crosses from the pattern as he goes. It's a sight Rain is used to, he has seen Sky do this many times while they are watching anime or movies. Sky claims it is relaxing a little like meditation. Up until now Rain has claimed it would be beyond his capabilities to learn to do such delicate work. Now though he has a reason he wants to learn. He wants to make something special and unique for P'Phayu for their upcoming anniversary. Not something store bought but something he has designed himself.

"Sky, do you ever make your own patterns?" Rain asks.

"I have, it's very easy, you just import a picture into a cross stitch pattern maker and it does the rest." Sky says counting off another row of crosses. He has developed the unique talent of being able to hold a conversation with Rain and concentrate on what he is doing at the same time.

"Oh and what if I wanted to make something into say a phone case how would that work?" Rain asks.

"It wouldn't be hard, they sell premade cases. You would just need to get the right one then scale your pattern to fit it." Sky says.

"Will you take me to the craft store?" Rain asks, "and show me how to do this." He motions in the general direction of Sky's cross stitching.

"Sure, let me just finish this area." Sky says.

Sky is amused to see Rain head bent over a small piece of canvas held in a hoop. His tongue is poking out in concentration as he carefully counts off his crosses and adds the correct number to the canvas. Occasionally he lets out a small swear and has to pick the last few stitches back out because of a miscount but for the most part the pattern Rain has chosen is both easy for a beginner and very cute. Sky is looking forward to seeing the final product.

Phayu is taking Rain to his favorite upscale Korean restaurant for their anniversary. He has a whole night planned out doing all of Rain's favorite things and he can't wait to surprise his cute boy.

At breakfast the morning of their anniversary Rain shyly passes Phayu a thin package wrapped in pretty gold paper. "I made this for you."

Phayu opens the package and sees a phone case. It is made of clear plastic and the back has a hand made pattern of a kawaii tornado and rain cloud both with cute little faces. It is sandwiched between two pieces of plastic to keep it clean. Phayu looks at it stunned.

"You don't have to use it if you don't like it, I just wanted to make you something." Rain says, misinterpreting Phayu's silence.

"Sweet boy, I absolutely love this, it's perfect. You really made this for me?" Phayu says taking his phone out and slipping the old case off then fitting it into the new case. Rain nods, smiling.

Phayu goes to him and kisses him passionately. This boy is so perfect and Rain is his and his alone.

Phayu is happy to have his new phone case wherever he goes and it always brings a smile to his face when he looks at it. Even if he's at an Illegal underground races or very serious client meetings. It is a little like Rain is there with him wherever he goes.

********

Notes:

Drabble fic for discord bingo prompt word stitch